Sign in to follow this  
pete

46th minute curse strikes again

If it weren't the 46th minute we could have won all four most the recent games.  Equaliser concede against Bristol City, Forest score first against the run of play and now today Derby equalise all in the 46th minute.  Can we just try to keep it tight after the first 45 or at least launch it into Row Z.  

On the other hand though pete, how many goals have we scored in 90+ mins.......i'm a firm believer that it all evens out over a season and unlike Paul Lambert , i do believe that the table doesn't lie.

It is a fair point though as much as I also agree with your point wcork canary. Conceding like this changes the half time tactics/strategy/psychology of the other team. Yesterday it gave Derby belief after a 35 minute battering. I would like us to be a bit tougher physically and more switched on for corners and those vital minutes near half time.

The only part of the OPs post I agree with is occasionally we should just clear our lines with a hearty lump into Row Z. Do not get me wrong, I love the way we play but wanting to play out of defence on every occasion is all very well, sometimes the safest place for the ball to be is in the stands........

I just think we could get a bit rougher and filthier when it comes to players running at us. Foul them sounds cynical and is but carries the same penalty as an accidental foul. Unless you do too often of course.

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I just think we could get a bit rougher and filthier when it comes to players running at us. Foul them sounds cynical and is but carries the same penalty as an accidental foul. Unless you do too often of course.

Absolutely agree KG. I was screaming at Trybull to hack the Derby player down who was running at our defence in the run up to their 3rd. FFS, Trybull has come on a few minutes earlier with the express purpose of helping us see out the game - his whole reason for existing at that point is to hack the bloke down, break up a dangerous attack and break up the momentum of the game - it's called taking one for the team!  And yes, I know this is cynical, but Derby did it without batting an eyelid. Two of their players were booked in one passage of play as Aarons broke forward late in the game. The first one tried to hack him down and missed - the second one cleaned him out. 

And Teemu Pukki - like every other Norwich fan I absolutely love you to bits - but when the ball is bouncing around our penalty area after a corner just clear the f*****g thing!