Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Come on Alex Neil

Fingers crossed! Lambert always strikes me as a manager that at the very least could get that new manager bounce.

Fortunately Ipswich genuinely have a very very poor squad.

Fingers crossed he continues the managerial form he’s had since he left us - for me the first 3 games are crucial. Preston at home is an absolute must win, no doubt.

I'm conflicted - Lambert gave us some fantastic times, embedding a team with belief and team spirit.  Neil gave us Wembley and all that but I never felt like he had the respect of many of the squad - especially the more experienced ones.  In the season we came down with Neil, it was so avoidable with the players we had at the club at that time.

It  would be the icing on the cake if Preston did get a win.

Their (ITFC) points per game needed for the remainder of the season in order to survive is already creeping up.

I suppose that if anybody can keep them up this season it is the ex-Messiah as he has a bundle of experience and is very streetwise. It's an awful squad though and even worse than our own which was relegated a few years ago, imo.

Even if he does succeed I just cannot see Lambert hanging around the @Loo for long, such is his penchant for aggro. and Evans' tightness with the money portends a sad ending.

Lambo is saying all the right things and the binners are so desperate for any crumb  that they are lapping it up. I suspect PL is counting on on one more pay-day before eventually becoming the manager of Scotland... a post usually reserved for ageing has-beens.

Edited by BroadstairsR