Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Ashes.

Agreed.

Lyth and Ballance are not quite up to the level required and this should have been realised before.

Ballance can put up a fight though so may get a reprieve if he exhibits this in our second innings, which will likely be a backs to the wall affair. Lyth will have to exhibit something special in the second innings, but he has been nothing special throughout the Summer.

Ding Dong has become an enigma, good and bad in equal portions, but he is quite capable of turning his fortunes around in one big innings.

Changes are imminent and essential. I would have Pieterson back like a shot. It may now happen, but let''s not open that can of worms.

I haven''t kept track on Trott''s progress so wouldn''t know if he is ready or willing for a chance to reprieve himself.

Both these two at their best would tip the balance back in England''s favour, IMO.

There are a few promising youngsters floating around the County game who could make the most of a chance, but an Ashes series is not the ideal time for blooding.

As has been pointed out, it very much now depends on the morning session and if Cook and Stokes can hold the fort.

Fingers crossed, we do have a stubborn and long batting line-up.

We seem to have got a lot of things wrong this test. English bowlers bowl well in English conditions, but this was more like a first day Mumbai pitch. And, unlike Australia, we don''t have a couple of 90+mph bowlers who can to a degree negate this.

Not keeping them down to a sensible first innings total was always going to make batting difficult, regardless of personnel. But I agree re Lyth and maybe Bell has had his day. Ballance is in the balance for me.

If we do keep producing this type of wicket, play Rashid as well and move Ali up the order.

Maybe it wasn''t a bad thing to hide this thread away[:$] Very poor and took me back a few years.

Agree with you there Fuzzar, Rashid should be given a run of games and Ali needs to move up the order.

Possibly Bairstow in as well.

Apples