Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch - James Linington

James Linington

Displayed a lot of poor control today missing several bad fouls - why was there was no helps from the assistants? This resulted in the game nearly boiling over once or twice. There should have been one or two yellows issued which would have calmed it down. One or two throw ins and free kicks were taken from the wrong place, and in the second half he moved one of our thows only to allow their keeper take a free kick miles away from where it should have been taken. Inconsistency plagued his game, and then came the key point of the game. Terribly poor refereeing resulted in Klose being shown a second yellow, when he should have already blown for an offside. Although I didn''t spot the flag from the assistant, the embarrassment of having to turn the decision over must be huge, but I must praise him for doing so to get the right decision.

James Linington 4

Thought he did ok tbh. Ok initially he got the "red card" wrong but at least he consulted Line-no and got to the right decision in the end. Neither team made it easy for him especially Zimmermann and Leitner who spent a lot of time laying around clutching face as though they had been shot.

Canary King, you are correct in being pretty sure that the lino didn''t raise his flag at any point, he didn''t and he has to be responsible for the mayhem that ensued.

What puzzles me is why Klose''s "offence" becomes legal on the basis that the ball was subsequently deemed to be dead when he committed it. How does that make it acceptable as far as discipline is concerned? Obviously can''t be a free kick but doesn''t alter anything else.

The real question is would Klose have appealed, and the ref consulted the lino if had only been the first yellow ?

It wasn''t James Linington - he has hair.

Changed yesterday to Andy Davies.

Directly opposite assistant for Klose''s "red card", don''t think he raised his flag, I''m sure I would have noticed.

A number of my bug bears arose today,

The late offside flag, waiting for a forward to touch the ball causes so many problems, if they are offside and the ball goes near them the flag should go up.

Assistants not prepared to make a decision for throws, would rather wait and go with the ref even if he has no clue just so they make the same decision.

Managers ( T Pulis ) who don''t think they should stand in their technical area, and the ineffective fourth official doing nothing.

Throws in taken from the wrong place and fouls in the corner that suddenly get moved 10 yards forward and or nearer the goal. I would call if cheating but everyone seems to be allowed to do it.

[quote user="carrowman"]It wasn''t James Linington - he has hair.

Changed yesterday to Andy Davies.

Directly opposite assistant for Klose''s "red card", don''t think he raised his flag, I''m sure I would have noticed.

A number of my bug bears arose today,

The late offside flag, waiting for a forward to touch the ball causes so many problems, if they are offside and the ball goes near them the flag should go up.

Assistants not prepared to make a decision for throws, would rather wait and go with the ref even if he has no clue just so they make the same decision.

Managers ( T Pulis ) who don''t think they should stand in their technical area, and the ineffective fourth official doing nothing.

Throws in taken from the wrong place and fouls in the corner that suddenly get moved 10 yards forward and or nearer the goal. I would call if cheating but everyone seems to be allowed to do it.[/quote]
Surely it cannot be beyond the wit of the lino to point to where the ball crossed the line
any moving forward should be met with the throw in given to the other side