Sign in to follow this  
grinner

rivers.roberts.foley.

all you rivers lovers,what a half he played today bradford. does not go for a 50/50 tackle. does not go for a header. does not track back.what is he good for. he should not wear ncfc shirt. roberts what a big differance he made when he came on,held the ball up well. passed it well. all round good egg. foley lives in manningtree i read , yes essex. from my point view he should live in this area. not next door to the s--m.

totally agree about rivers, you would have thought today he would have been itching to prove all his doubters wrong and put in a performance to remember , wrong .By no means was he the only canary to under achieve today but he did not seem interested he could not even beat his defender and put in a cross let alone make a tackle close down opponants. His body language said it all he does not want to be here , best thing to do is send him on his way to crewe maybe he could take clint easton with him ,now that is asking to much.This is not just a coment on this disopointing performance today its been over the last 18 months performances or lack of them so nigel stop wasting our time on him bring in someone who is prepared to sweat blood for the cause and give 90 minuets every game because this were you need workers not sherkers.OTBC

Hendo hardly performed any better.(come to think of it , nor did mulryne,drury,mcveigh,huck........)

Rivers is not match fit anybody who knows anything about football can see that.
Maybe you wern''t watching when rivers went 100% into a sliding tackle!

true you''ll never have a Holt in rivers, but what you see is what you get. On a good day he''ll take on players , skin them and provide that all important cross. On a bad day he is terrible. But can''t that be said of huckerby!

But to say any player is not fit to where the shirt is unforgivable.

P.S rivers is the only player to have a right and left foot at the club, worth it''s wait in gold if you ask me.

Lay off rivers and Lay off Henderson and the rest of the lads.

RONBOL

i would have to agree rivers was c**p and he should now be off loaded to crew and i would like to say sorry to mr henderson some of the fans were disgusting today (10/1/04) i see him going the same way has chris llwyn went moaning at players dont do them any good.the fans at the back in the norwich and peterborough block r row s at the back you are not norwich city fans keep away please.

You think Roberts was an improvement on McVeigh ?
Perhaps Foley thinks he can take over at Portman Road when Royle departs.

i say again he is not fit to wear a ncfc shirt. sliding tackles, come on riivers has the cleanest kit at the club.we paid what 500,000 for him how much is he worth now ,more dont think so more like 50,000 if we are lucky.never given 100per cent while hes been here.

Grinner you are absolutely right the time has come for Rivers to go and certainly take Easton with him and also Mulryne if he doesn''t start putting in a bit more effort.

Rivers has had months to sort out his fitness and basically he hasn''t bothered. He is talented and everyone, myself included, would love to see him turn defenders inside out but for some reason whenever he gets the chance to establish himself in the team again he puts in a poor performance.

Henderson is 18 and still inexperienced but you get 100% from him every game he plays. Of course he will make mistakes he is still learning the game. Rivers is 10 years his senior with all that experience of playing at a reasonable level, and if you get 75% you are lucky.

I had hoped that Worthy would take young Henderson off yesterday and switch McVeigh to the right and bring Brennan on the left. I would also agree that Roberts has a part to play in certain games especially yesterday.

The Bradford game was hopefully a one off and we will return to our winning ways next week against Rotherham. I hope supporters don''t start having a go at Worthy because it is going to take 2 or 3 games for him to decide on his best formation and starting line up.

I simply can not believe you guys are moaning about our players. It is totally disgusting.

We are top of the league and one bad result! jeeeeeesus...........

Rivers isn''t playing well and you people are totally unforgiving. What small memories we all have. Rivers made an excellent start to this very season before being injured!

I do not believe in slagging players down and with henderson in need of a rest, rivers has an important roll to play at this club. To off load him now would leave our squad very short of cover. We have alot of hard games coming up and could require someone like Rivers and easton for that matter.

Besides he isn''t the only one playing under par at the moment, but no one is suggesting we off load these players.

GIVE RIVERS, and EASTON a break.........show some loyalty......... or go support man u where their supporters are just as fickle.......

RONBOL

You miss the point ronbol, what is disgusting is that players like Rivers, Easton and lately Mulryne get very well paid for playing football and the least you can expect is 100% effort from them in every game. Yes other players do have off games, and a prime example is Gary Holt, but he never stops trying for the team. Even Iwan with all his years will still chase and close down players and that is why you do not get the crowd having a go at him. Malkay is slowing up but you still get 100% from him in every game. Do you see the point I am trying to make.

We have some of the best training facilities outside of the Premiership and therefore there is no excuse for players not keeping their fitness levels up, even when they are not playing in the first team.

It is going to be one hell of a fight to get automatic promotion this year and you need players who are prepared to roll up their sleeves, give everything, and fight for the team. With all the will in the world I do not think Rivers, Easton, and possibly Mulryne fall into that category. I honestly believe we would be better off with youngsters like Henderson, Jarvis, Shackell, Sinclair and other members of the academy set up.

Finally, I consider myself to be a loyal supporter as I have a 160 mile round trip for every home game. I spend a lot of money to support my team and all I ask in return is that the players give 100% every game.

Honestly Silver Fox, I don''t think you can expect 100% every game. These players are human beings, some have had arguments with their wives, some up all night with their kids, some are ill, some have ill relatives, some are anxious about their future at the club etc etc etc.

Unfortunately, some are worried about playing in front of their HOME crowd because the crowd are so unforgiving.

I expect the best, but not ALL the time, and everyone is entitled to a bad spell.

One point on Easton. I agree he''s not Prem or top Div 1 standard, but I do believe that when he plays he plays with commitment. That''s not true of others and it is frustrating when they might have more talent but let it slip through their fingers through what appears to be lack of effort. And if they''re not fit they shouldn''t be starting.

They''re not bad all the time, they tend to start well, make one mistake and lose heart/confidence. This is partly them and partly the crowd. I agree that they are not our best players, and that they can be frustrating, but they have a part to play and I won''t be upset if either of them is on a teamsheet when we need to rotate our squad. Every one of our players can drive me mental at any given moment, but we have our favourites and tend to forgive them.