Sign in to follow this  
jakartacanary

Re: So where do we go from here?

The board had a choice end of last season and despite seeing what could be the road forward with a manager of league knowledge, as demonstrated by Alan Irvine''s reasonable results for the short time in charge, it was decided to take a radical approach. To a degree it is what it is and whilst I do not enjoy much of what I see, or listen to as is mostly the case, I would stick by the experiment. During pre-season and also evident by the changes for Birmingham, the manager will make changes. Is he learning the league, I would say yes, evident by signing Hanley. My take on the Burton game is that we have a manager who has decided that if we don''t concede we don''t lose and as such it is building slowly, possibly slower than some fans want, hence I think he was having an evening where change was not part of the plan. The litmus test will be Saturday when we will see if the away day blues have gone. For me what I look for from this season, progress, which will entail some setbacks, a strong finish with being in the top half a success and then kick--on for next season. The one cloud on the horizon is the Board and are they only looking to accept the financial safety they have, time will tell.

Tomorrow is going to be a test of our progress.  I suspect it will be a scrappy game again, we will be out to spoil Sheffield''s day and upset their rhythm. If we do that then we can say that there is something good going on and that we are learning.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Tomorrow is going to be a test of our progress.  I suspect it will be a scrappy game again, we will be out to spoil Sheffield''s day and upset their rhythm. If we do that then we can say that there is something good going on and that we are learning.

[/quote]
Ignoring the depressing fact that we''re looking at ourselves as plucky underdogs to f*cking Sheffield United you''re pretty much right.

Hoggy, would you rather that or the over hyped ex-Premier League scalp of last season?! My preference has to be always flying under the radar. At least that way we keep our expectations in check given how disappointed we all were the campaign before.

"Tomorrow is going to be a test of our progress. I suspect it will be a scrappy game again, we will be out to spoil Sheffield''s day and upset their rhythm. If we do that then we can say that there is something good going on and that we are learning".

You''re barking made if you think we''ll get anything tomorrow other than another tonking.

This season is what it is, a season to finish mid table or better and build for the years ahead.Even a bottom half finish would be ok.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]"Tomorrow is going to be a test of our progress. I suspect it will be a scrappy game again, we will be out to spoil Sheffield''s day and upset their rhythm. If we do that then we can say that there is something good going on and that we are learning".

You''re barking made if you think we''ll get anything tomorrow other than another tonking.[/quote]

Then I just may be barking mad. Going to the match today and am hoping for a good performance and some kind of result.  Where''s the enjoyment on going to a match thinking you''re going to get hammered?  It might happen, but I certainly don''t think or expect it.

mr footy wrote the following post at 16/09/2017 7:08 AM:

This season is what it is, a season to finish mid table or better and build for the years ahead.Even a bottom half finish would be ok.

Congratulations. That''s One of the most pathetic posts I''ve ever read on this forum. Even relegation would be ok wouldn''t it?

No, relegation would benefit no one.The squad is mid table with a chance of top ten,that is where we are. I hope that things go our way and achieve more but that with the current squad is doubtful.