Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Sheffield had trouble scoring against Gunn senior, too

Thanks for finding that clip Lakey, I remember it well ! 

At the time I was living in Norwich with a girl who was originally from Sheffield & supported Sheff Utd, so that afternoon was rather bizarre as we went to CR together and she went off to the away end for the game while I was in the Barclay. 

After the game, which from memory we won 1-0, she said most of the away fans were convinced the ball had actually crossed the line and from the replay you can see why they thought that (although it clearly didn''t).  I''ve never seen anything like it in all the years I''ve watched football.

It is fair to say there was a "bit of an atmosphere" in the ICF household that evening.

Fortunately for the aftermath to Saturday, we split up soon after and are no longer in touch !

It must be catching Lakey, your good performance on the first video has built the foundations for the next clip. Good job you didn''t switch it and stuck to your gunns, otherwise we might''ve ended up with footage of ipsh1t.

I liked the clip that automatically followed - Sheffield Utd v WBA, game abandoned as not enough players left on pitch.

I remember this well. Most epic goalmouth scramble ever? I reckon it so. It''s a pity one of you super talented computer boffins can''t slow that footage down a little bit.