Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Bristol City match thread

Improving? You may be right, definitely improved at the back but gone backwards in midfield and attack but if people think 2 goalless draws at home to Burton and Brizzle is an improvement then they will enjoy the mediocrity we are heading towards!

Sorry but as Nutty remarked to me after the game, I would much rather have what I saw last season than what I’m currently seeing, if a goalkeeper from an away team doesn’t even have to make a save in a game I hardly see an improvement there, but each to their own I suppose

If we are the finished article now then yes you would be right. I''m hoping that we are going to be able to build on this defensive foundation that always eluded AN as the season progresses.

This is all a bit silly. Only a couple of weeks ago the constant moaning that the defence wasn''t good enough and needed to be sorted was overwhelming. We all saw what needed to be done, Farke saw what needed to be done and has started the job. But now we are getting demands to be entertained, like we were last season , even though last season was labelled as a ''disaster''.I think your post is spot on Hairy. We''ve desparately needed a good defensive foundation for seasons, so a bit of patience is needed while that is sorted.

Thanks Ricardo good as always to get the match perspective of someone who was there. I enjoyed the match on one level - and that was the fact that it was closely fought and I thought Bristol looked well organised and composed.  That we didn''t score, as with the Burton match, was down to poor finishing and that was the frustrating part.  The defence looks so much better and it is good to see individuals doing well in the team.  I thought Reed and Trybull were good yesterday, always right on the heels of any Bristol player near them who had the ball. Klose is being more dominant and that is helping Zimmermann who I thought was excellent again.  Pinto is always good value and I like Stiepermann at left back. Gunn had little to do but still made a great save when needed. Vrancic was unlucky not to score - the shot that hit the post was with his less favoured foot of course - and he has that extra something in his play that we should always try and have in the team - someone with a bit of vision that can deliver unexpected passes with accuracy - much like Ian Crook used to. The front three were not at the races. Murphy was poor - every good thing he did was more than cancelled out by the bad things he did, a good run followed by a terrible pass or shot, getting caught in possession way too many times.  Watkins, who was good at Sheffield and apparently midweek was less effective yesterday - I''m not sure why, maybe their left side of defence was just too good. Jerome missed an excellent chance early on and his confidence must be a bit low - he needs a goal! I presume selecion for Tuesday would have been in the back of Farke''s mind and I hope Maddison will be back for that one, he puts himself about so much we miss his energy and spark imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thanks Ricardo good as always to get the match perspective of someone who was there. I enjoyed the match on one level - and that was the fact that it was closely fought and I thought Bristol looked well organised and composed.  That we didn''t score, as with the Burton match, was down to poor finishing and that was the frustrating part.  The defence looks so much better and it is good to see individuals doing well in the team.  I thought Reed and Trybull were good yesterday, always right on the heels of any Bristol player near them who had the ball. Klose is being more dominant and that is helping Zimmermann who I thought was excellent again.  Pinto is always good value and I like Stiepermann at left back. Gunn had little to do but still made a great save when needed. Vrancic was unlucky not to score - the shot that hit the post was with his less favoured foot of course - and he has that extra something in his play that we should always try and have in the team - someone with a bit of vision that can deliver unexpected passes with accuracy - much like Ian Crook used to. The front three were not at the races. Murphy was poor - every good thing he did was more than cancelled out by the bad things he did, a good run followed by a terrible pass or shot, getting caught in possession way too many times.  Watkins, who was good at Sheffield and apparently midweek was less effective yesterday - I''m not sure why, maybe their left side of defence was just too good. Jerome missed an excellent chance early on and his confidence must be a bit low - he needs a goal! I presume selecion for Tuesday would have been in the back of Farke''s mind and I hope Maddison will be back for that one, he puts himself about so much we miss his energy and spark imo.

[/quote]

Gunn had far more to do than Frank Fielding did in their goal! He never even made a save ffs

Fielding may not have had to make many saves but we still had by far the better chances. Vranic, Steiperman and Jerome all missed great chances, the one tough save Gunn made was from what looked like a miss-hit shot.