Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Most fouled player ever?

In all my years of watching NCFC I don’t think I have ever seen any of our players being fouls as much as Maddison.

Clearly as he is such a talent he is becoming a very marked man.

It seems that now all visiting teams are briefed to foul him to stop him creating anything at all.

100% credit to the lad he never retaliates , just gets up and gets on with his game.

Last night was a prime example, goodness knows how many times he was taken out. Refs need to give him more protection.

Huckerby was most fouled player in the premier league with us!

Let’s hope Maddison goes on to be such a legend!

He is also a canny lad and knows how to make the best of it when he is fouled.However the refs should step in much earlier. These are not clumsy tackles, but ones where the intent is to stop him playing in that game (or more)It might be an idea for the pinkun to compile the times he is fouled. Might make for interesting viewing on youtube.

Other Clubs are now taking notice of his ability on the ball and they are clearly roughing him up. To his credit he is dealing with it well. I am quite surprised that referees are offering virtually no protection when it is blindingly obvious what the opponents tactics are. More generally referees are very weak on "time wasting". It is time the football authorities woke up to the fact that they are in the entertainment business and should act accordingly.