Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Bolton Away Advice

Travelling to the game tomorrow (from north of Preston) any of you away fans got any advice. pre-match pub, parking etc.?

There is not much around the stadium as its out of town, plenty of parking but a nightmare getting out, we have booked a place 1/2 mile walk away, so get away quicker after the match (booked through Just Park).There is a pub 3 miles away on the other side of the motorway and you can get a park & ride from there to the ground, but would imagine getting back afterwards is a wait as well.

And meant to add, beware of the terrible two..........................

Tilly and Waveney are apparently travelling together, if one doesnt kill the other en route, Scampi beware [;)]

The Bee Hive is only ten minutes walk from the ground on Chorley Road and parking is available in school grounds just further along which last time cost about £4.

I''m making my yearly away game outing so made some general note. It seems to be the the beehive is the place for away fans and its very close, but will be mobbed. Train station is very close to the stadium, the stadium being part of a large retail park so there are restaurants and pubs around there, but away fans generally won''t be allowed. I won''t be bringing my shirt so might skip in. Away guide website also mentions the Barnstormer pub for away fans, but thats a little further away. People online seem to have no problem with the in ground facilities so heard inside. Myself I like to wander around the town so as the ground is a distance away from Bolton I had an idea to get off at the station before and investigate Horwich town which has a few good pubs and then walk the distance to the ground.Should you venture into Bolton. There is, Bolton Abbey the Steam museum and a food market thats supposed to be good.

I usually drive to Leyland and then get the train to Horwich Parkway. Parking has been a nightmare previously, although this time around it may not be as bad due to poor attendances. Not surprising at £32 a ticket.