Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

still need 3

centre back, centre mid and strikerstill havnt replaced or even matched the quality of bassong or howson in terms of signings, i never rated bassong but id happily have him start ahead of franke or zimmerframeshanbles

No point getting anyone if they are not any good. The new players need some time to bed in, they may turn out to be good or garbage we do not know. I think we should draw a line under getting any more unknown overseas players for a while though

Maddison has already looked better this season, than Howson did for long spells last year, and given the choice based on what I''ve seen so far, I''d rather have Madders than Howson as well.Howson is also already getting some Boro'' fans on his back, with comments like ''Anonymous'', ''Is he even playing?'', ''Quiet game again'' etc.Unless one of Nelson or Jerome is moving on, then rushing to get another striker is a bit pointless given that so far we''ve predominantly played 1 upfront, with the likes of Watkins, Murphy or Naismith supporting, and we don''t have the finances to pay someone just to benchwarm for no good reason.I''d agree somewhat on the CB front, although I do think that a motivated Klose could be like having a new signing, just remember how well he played when he first arrived, and if Farke can get him back to that level, there would be no need for another benchwarmer in this position either.

I''m not too sure I buy into this Maddison hype yet.

I think and hope he will be a real asset for us, but I''m not sure I agree with the generous praise the majority gave him following Sunday''s match. For sure, his first touch look decent and I assume his pass completion statistics look healthy but the vast majority of his passes were within a 10 yard range.

I''d rather see someone hit a couple of deadly, chance-creating balls along with some wayward, hospital passes than someone achieve 99% pass completion by hitting everything short and sideways.

Bradley Johnson is a good example. He''d hit some absolute melons but among them would be an effort that lay it on a plate for a striker.

There were a number of times that players were in acres of space on the flank, Husband in particular was screaming for one on two occasions that I remember clearly, but Maddison ignored him and knocked it short to Naismith of Watkins and given how poor the latter was playing, that was never going to result in anything.

It may well be that was how he was told to play but hopefully tomorrow tonight he''ll be a touch more expansive and look beyond 10 yards more often.

It seems that keeping the ball in those areas is what Farke wants to do and if the ball had have gone out to Husband wide, all I can surmise is that he would have taken it forward a few yards, realised he can''t outpace anyone in this league, then knocked it sideways or backwards again.It''s a shame we don''t have a quick and direct left back anymore hey? Can''t wait to see Lewis get a few games under his belt.Not singling Husband out, he did some things quite well and is quite a technical player. We just struggle with this wing back system because one of them is too slow and the other we''re playing has no idea how to defend. I feel a bit for Wildschutt because he does look good going forward, but I just can''t see him ever being able to stop crosses coming in from out wide (ala McGeady on Sunday where he was beaten with a simple step over before the cross came swinging in)

No need to be mega fast.

He can whip the ball in and let it do the work.

Plenty of times he was in a position to do so rather than play it safe an pass on the responsibility

People who class Jerome as a striker dear oh dear unless it''s a tie poke over the goal line he is worse than useless . We are going into the season with one striker and he does not get to start , same old Norwich if your face fits you are first name on the team sheet even if u are dog5hit

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]People who class Jerome as a striker dear oh dear unless it''s a tie poke over the goal line he is worse than useless . We are going into the season with one striker and he does not get to start , same old Norwich if your face fits you are first name on the team sheet even if u are dog5hit[/quote]People who class you as a poster dear oh dear, unless it''s a miserablist rant against our owners you are worse than useless.And yes, your posts ARE dog5hit.PS, Jerome has 34 goals in his last 2 seasons at this level, so go toe poke that where the sun doesn''t shine, you utter twunt.