Sign in to follow this  
TheEarlyMilkman

Goalkeeping Situation

I am still a fan of AN but like any good manager he needs to admit when he''s got something wrong - on Saturday leaving out Ruddy was a mistake. QPR away and we must see him back between the posts. the whole defence would surely be more comfortable with that.

just look at their faces when the third goal goes in. although Murphy and Jeromes had their backs to the play when the free kick was taken...a school boy error.

I do wonder if the writing is on the wall for Ruddy at Norwich. Surely Saturday was the time to bring him back, but for whatever reason, AN gives McG a chance to redeem himself for the mistakes at Brighton. He did make some good saves in the first half, but none that he wouldn''t have been expected to make.

All goalkeepers concede goals, and our defence is so poor at the moment as well. Unfortunately, with Pinto and Whitaker out, we only have Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Klose, Turner, Olsson and Brady to choose from.

[quote user="Woodman"]I do wonder if the writing is on the wall for Ruddy at Norwich. Surely Saturday was the time to bring him back, but for whatever reason, AN gives McG a chance to redeem himself for the mistakes at Brighton. He did make some good saves in the first half, but none that he wouldn''t have been expected to make.

All goalkeepers concede goals, and our defence is so poor at the moment as well. Unfortunately, with Pinto and Whitaker out, we only have Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Klose, Turner, Olsson and Brady to choose from.[/quote]

Perhaps we should play all seven defenders you have listed

If Brighton was a one off ''bad day'' for McGovern, then Leeds surely highlighted the fact it wasn''t. Conceding that last goal from that distance was a defensive nightmare, and that falls mainly on McGovern letting it slip through his hands. Yes it was well struck, but he was either poorly positioned or dealt with it poorly to concede like that.

I''ve questioned Ruddy a few times in the past, but for me, he is still the better keeper of the two and the silliness should stop by AN giving him another chance. After McGovern has arguably played poorly and conceded 8 goals in his past two games, it''d be madness if he isn''t dropped next time out.