Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

not in my wildest dreams

Going to this season support was polarized in respect of our management team and prospects and lively debate has been had on both sides. I was a sceptic but never in my wildest dreams did I see this dramatic downward spiral coming. We must have the worst form in the league over the last half dozen games and it is hard to see where the next win comes. The money has all but run out and the transfer values of the squad have fallen through the floor with the exception of the youngsters. There has to be a change of direction soon just to stop the rot forget about top 6 at the moment bottom third is not too far away. Poor transfers and bad decisions have taken their toll and an inspirational new leader and philosophy is needed from somewhere and even then it will be a huge challenge. We may have to reign back our expectations and go with our excellent youngsters try if we can to ship out some of the expensive dead wood. The future does look bright with many of our youngsters we need to make sure we keep them. Get in a couple of decent old pros to defend bring back maddison if we can and give. Morris the murphys and others a go and we may be a force to be reckoned with next season

I take your point but it is early enough to turn this around with a new manager/approach although as it stands, with AN still in place we are too predictable.

We have some promising young talent in Pritchard, Canos. Murphys, Maddison, Thompson and Toffolo but it doesn''t seem to matter who we play at the moment.

The under 23''s seem to be buzzing. Are they playing a different system?

I agree we need to build on that talent confidence and enthusiasm. To many of the older players have experienced too many bad results that their confidence moral and general body language is too negative and fragile

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Going to this season support was polarized in respect of our management team and prospects and lively debate has been had on both sides. I was a sceptic but never in my wildest dreams did I see this dramatic downward spiral coming. We must have the worst form in the league over the last half dozen games and it is hard to see where the next win comes. The money has all but run out and the transfer values of the squad have fallen through the floor with the exception of the youngsters. There has to be a change of direction soon just to stop the rot forget about top 6 at the moment bottom third is not too far away. Poor transfers and bad decisions have taken their toll and an inspirational new leader and philosophy is needed from somewhere and even then it will be a huge challenge. We may have to reign back our expectations and go with our excellent youngsters try if we can to ship out some of the expensive dead wood. The future does look bright with many of our youngsters we need to make sure we keep them. Get in a couple of decent old pros to defend bring back maddison if we can and give. Morris the murphys and others a go and we may be a force to be reckoned with next season[/quote]

maybe you should try the Samaritans, they might be able to help you

I wouldn''t say the compulsion to constantly lie makes you alrightin fact you need helpif only to read the latest accounts

That hardly equates to all the money running out, nor that we are in the sh''it.And does suggest that the club spend as much as possible in the summer - which rather flies in the face of the whingers on here who were claiming that the club lacked ''hambition''.

How much longer must the honest loyal canary fan have to endure the unendurable, accept the unacceptable and deal with the undealable

How much longer must we suffer the Stowmarket 2 and Nepotism Tom really we must get the pitch forks out this very weekend and drive them out of the club once and for all

@Bristol

Same formation. The players just work harder to get in support of their team mates and to get into shape and try and win the ball back after losing it. The youth team is a good example of what a 4-2-3-1 can do.

Unfortunately, despite the absolute rubbish coming out of the club, the players aren''t working anywhere near hard or effective enough. We''ve been beaten by quality a couple of times this season, but mostly the opposition have just worked way harder than us.

After us trying to walk our way to survival last year and seeing teams full of mercenaries at clubs like Palace and Watford out run and out work us I''m, pretty fed up with it now.

I was saying much the same before the season got underway about needing a clear out and change of direction. We needed to take some bad medicine but instead opted to take a risky gamble to try and dig ourselves out of the hole that we''re in.I advocated a root and branch review of board policy together with a beefing up of the board and football board. A pre-requisite was for the board to injected with some football knowledge, as there is a notable collective naivety present.Unfortunately nothing much has changed and the situation has got

worse. The board lacks a clearly defined strategy and hasn''t set down a

framework for the manager to follow.For the umpteenth time we''re being disadvantaged by a manager who has decided to do things in a way which is disadvantageous to the long term health of the club. Buying Naismith is a classic example, and was a step in the wrong direction that the board should not have sanctioned.In general there''s a conflict of interest between the short term interests of a manager''s CV and the long term interests of the club, and the balance hasn''t been right at the club for many, many years. McNally tried and failed to address the issue, and it needs to be rectified if we''re going to go anywhere in the longer term.We shouldn''t be relying on an exceptional manager to dig us out of a hole, not least because there aren''t many affordable ones about and the undiscovered ones are hard to find.