Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Scott Hogan, thoughts

err, £8m is a fictious figure as with the others quotedthis explains it, and corrects a number of other similar misconceptionsas welltransfersan excellent read which I would strongly recommend

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Looked really poor. Even accounting for the fact he probably had a bad game alongside his team mates I still didn''t see anything to suggest he''s better than an average Championship striker having a decent year.

I really hope we''re not about to waste 8 million on him[/quote]
I think really poor is a bit harsh Horse, but in no way stood out as threat to our goal.

I thought he was quite lively but not better than we have or worth £8m

Not sure made bennett look second rate is enough of a reason to buy tbh.

When it comes to the business end of the season and dare I say the play-offs we may have to opt for 2 up top if we are chasing the game. Jerome, Oliveira and Lafferty don''t really gives us this option, so for me he may be worth a punt providing the price is sensible, and to be honest I''m not sure £8m is. Reminded me of a poor man''s Shane Long.

I can recall three chances Brentford had, Hogan was on the end of all of them, his movement caused our back four problems all match - fortunately his team mates couldn''t match his movement. he must have been watching Pritchard and think ..if only.

As for the chances,

1 the free - headed from the corner which he should of done better with.

2 the header which bounced down and over the bar

3 the volley in the second half that went over.

Great movement for all three.