Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

NI managers comments on Managing Kyle

‘Kyle has done some stupid things,’ said O’Neill, ‘but I look for the good in him first. There are things about him still that would drive you mad.

''His timekeeping is poor sometimes but when you put him on the training pitch and into matches, he gives you everything he has got. As a manager, there is not much more that you can ask.

‘I liked being tested as a player. I was still studying when I was playing so they would make fun of me and call me “Professor” and stuff like that. They would take the p*** out of me for that and I would take the p*** out of them for being thick.

‘I learned very quickly as manager of Northern Ireland that I needed to get my best team on the pitch. I don’t have selection issues. I can’t say, “Listen, f*** off out”. It is a tricky line to tread. You don’t let things go but you just have to manage that situation.

‘If one of them does something wrong, you just have to put it back on the players and say, “It’s you that are waiting for him”, or whatever it may be.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3636880/Michael-O-Neill-s-quiet-Northern-Ireland-revolution-journeymen-wannabes-veterans-helping-unite-nation.html#ixzz4BLIRHwTy

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That''s all well and good when you''re meeting up infrequently with the national team and there''s a shortage of viable alternatives, as is the case with NI.

He would drive you nuts as a club manager.

Yes Fuzzar, I think you''ve hit the nail on the head there.

If a manager wants to keep discipline and a tight club squad he cannot allow somebody like Kyle to behave badly and not deal with it.

If only he had the grey matter to see that.

Yes you get the impression he has a bit of character. You see it even in the warm ups! But I''ll still be rooting for him to score against Poland

i get the feeling thats what has happened to him here

i think he would score goals for us

he has talent but he fools around to much and they can undermine a manager

shame but seems he couldn''t really care about playing club football just internationals

[quote user="Making Plans"]9/1 to score the 1st goal tonight and I wouldn''t put it past him.[/quote]

Good price that but Lewandowski will score first, and probably last too.