Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Times change

1972 we were at vicarage road in the pouring rain ,having ran across the pitch to fill the rookery end city were being crowned champions ,promoted to the top league for the first time, Watford were being relegated,now we are being possibly relegated while playing Watford .

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]1972 we were at vicarage road in the pouring rain ,having ran across the pitch to fill the rookery end city were being crowned champions ,promoted to the top league for the first time, Watford were being relegated,now we are being possibly relegated while playing Watford .[/quote]I remember it well. Mr Stringer scored for us.  Great day out.[:D]

The weather was bloody atrocious. Being a nipper my old man didn''t let me go on the pitch but my elder brother did, came back looking like he had been mud wrestling. Suffice to say the old man was not impressed! One of my earliest City memories!

I sat in the directors box that day as my landlady back here in Norwich had a sister who was married to a Watford director. After the game he gave me and his son two tickets for England v West Germany played that evening at Wembley. England lost but who cared after the events at Vicarage Road.Who remembers the previous Monday night at Brisbane Road with goals from Paddon ( pen ) and Cross ? I just cannot believe those games were 44 years ago.

Yes was at orient as well ,fantastic times,Ron Saunders was the best ,don''t know what happened to him,is he still alive?. Me and my mate were in the front of the photo we would be 16 years,old