Sign in to follow this  
unique

Recent history v Man City

Over the last four and a half seasons, Norwich''s games against Man City are rarely short of goals. The 0-0 result at home in 2014-15 was the exception rather than the rule. The 3-2 win at the Etihad at the end of the 2012-13 season was welcome, but nevertheless thanks to exceptional circumstances.Although he has missed two and a half games from the eight since the beginning of the 2011-12 season, Aguero has scored on six occasions, scoring more than once on only one occasion, thus,(dare I say it before Saturday''s game), is no Suarez.Over the eight games, Norwich have scored nine and conceded twenty-nine, not far short of four goals a game, and the most worrying statistics are these appearances:- Martin - 8Ruddy - 7Bassong or Bennett - 7 (They both played in the last game)Ruddy and Martin suffered the 1-5 thrashing away in 2011-12, Bennett joined them for the 1-6 thrashing at home the same season.Four years hence and these same players put on a no-show in the FA Cup tie and  still form the backbone of our defence...........Have the club/managers/coaches honestly learned nothing over the past four seasons?

Lets go for it I say.

Play a 1-7-2 formation with Klose on his own at the back!!!

With 7 in midfield there''s no way they''ll be able to play through us.

Wouldn''t bank on that Thirsty, and which 7 would you pick? Rhetorical question.

For the two games prior to Swansea we looked more robust with a back 3, I would like to see us return to that formation. Unfortunately that''s how we played in the Cup game and we were completely outplayed.

A dilemma for the manager.

[quote user="Vanwink"]For the two games prior to Swansea we looked more robust with a back 3, I would like to see us return to that formation. Unfortunately that''s how we played in the Cup game and we were completely outplayed.

A dilemma for the manager.[/quote] We were outplayed yes, but all it demonstrated was that if you announce in advance that you are prioritising the League over the Cup and looking beyond the Saturday to two much more important games coming up in the following seven days, you are not going to motivate your team to give their all on the day. I think the earlier game at the Etihad was a better indicator of what we can do playing three at the back.