Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Watford away

Both Lawro and Merson have us losing 2-1, whilst Tim Burgess from The Charlatans thinks we''ll win 1-2. Good lad. Honestly have no idea what the outcome will be in this one, but I have a feeling the Watford fans favourite Hoolahan will start this one and we''ll play attacking - we''re certainly due to score more than 1 goal in a game after a fairly bright start so fingers crossed.

IMO, we will keep it tight in the beginning and look to counter when they over-commit to attack. Mulumbu and Tettey to help counter the threat of Ighalo and Deeney, with Grabban up front supported by Brady, Howson and Redmond.

1-2 win for me.

Given Watford''s preference for a 4-4-2 system this season, I wonder whether we''ll play 3 at the back for this one to counteract that.

Watford fan in peace!

I have literally no idea who will take the points on this one. We both are both quite capable of beating one another on our day. I think you might nick it if I am honest!

Got a soft spot for Norwich though I must say. Great club, great attendances, great fans and great to watch (from what I have seen). You also share the honours with us for having a terrible football kit

I hope you stay up with us. Love to see Villa go down along with Sunderland and probably Bournemouth.

Anyway look forward to a great game on Saturday!

[quote user="Jacko"]Given Watford''s preference for a 4-4-2 system this season, I wonder whether we''ll play 3 at the back for this one to counteract that.[/quote]
More likely to go 4-2-3-1 and stifle the front two, given Deeney and Ighalo score 80% of Watford''s goals.
Tomorrow, I suspect
a penalty which Deeney will score
a Bassong header from a corner
an Mbokani screamer
A Howson goal
An Ighalo tap-in
one red card
Now is a good time to tell you all I am mystic.

Watford haven''t played 4-4-2 when I have watched them. They play two strikers but Deeney drops deep and helps the midfield and when defending and going forward tends to play in a position between our defence and midfield linking play and holding it up.

He was carried off to hospital with a neck brace & concussion.

Play Mbokani up front with instructions to get close to him!

The second choice keeper had a mare during the week.

Bor, I think that''s why playing 3 at the back might be a possibility. You have two of your central defenders marking the strikers and a third acting as a sweeper. I think one of the key reasons we played 3 at the back against Man City was because we knew they''d play with 2 strikers.

Obviously, we''d look to much greater ambition than we did at the Etihad but it wouldn''t be the most outlandish thing ever if it did happen, particularly given our penchant for unconventional team selections of late.

DeadCanary, Watford have been a mixed bag this season between 4-2-3-1 (with Deeney dropping in) against the bigger teams and a straight 4-4-2 against the lesser sides. I think we will be treated in that lesser category and you will just see a very straightforward 4-4-2.