Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Coming to a ground near you

A new Toucan crossing and bus gate.

Source:

Norwich City Council

Norwich Agency Highways committee

17th September 2015

Appendix 1 (page 5) of the document shows the position as being on the ground side of the River bridge and close to the junction of the road that goes alongside the swimming pool.

I would have put a link in but its huge in length and I dont know how to set up a short alternative.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]A new Toucan crossing and bus gate.

Source:

Norwich City Council

Norwich Agency Highways committee

17th September 2015

Appendix 1 (page 5) of the document shows the position as being on the ground side of the River bridge and close to the junction of the road that goes alongside the swimming pool.

I would have put a link in but its huge in length and I dont know how to set up a short alternative.[/quote]Yeah they have guys with stop / go boards there before games, makes sense to come up with a more permanent solution.

There''s a bus gate already in position between the river & the retail complex. The planners maybe tweaking it slightly?

The crossing is good news, the island in the road is helpful when going to a game with kids, but a crossing would be even better.

A permanent crossing is one of the first good suggestions I''ve heard come out of the council in recent months!

It is just as dangerous for vehicles as it is for pedestrians crossing that piece of road. There''s always people mindlessly walking into the road or having to wait for eternity to cross. On match days that is obviously magnified by weekend traffic and a lot more people. Good stuff!

Not to put a dampener on things but masses of people will just ignore the red light telling them not to cross and play chicken with oncoming traffic.

I''m disappointed that this news didn''t come from Tom Cavendish, transport and infrastructure decisions become so much more interesting in his hands.

Well, it''s clearly being done in preparation for the move to the new site!!! I mean, they haven''t installed bicycle ranks and we all know that is what is the defining detail for a football ground.

(Also, can I just point out that the Norwich Rugby club have just eliminated two of his suggested sites, firstly the club itself as it is being sold to become residential. Also, they are moving to the UEA. As I said before the only space I could see any potential for on that site would be the sports fields opposite the hospital - and guess what? Yes you are right, that is where the Rugby Club is now to be situated.)