Sign in to follow this  
Gunthorpe

What is going on with the Board ?

Bor you are as lively as your picture

Read thro the earlier posts I have made - fed up repeating myself

Why are you obsessed with the other Trolls re this Newton poster - If you all don''t like him he clearly is a good guy

When you next go to arrow Road to see a live match in 2020 let me know & I will avoid the pub you are in

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]

Mr Apples wrote the following post at 30/12/2015 3:27 PM:

But you didn''t deny your identity did you, and you only deal in

FACTS? If you''re going to pretend to be someone else at least change

your (barely literate) writing style.

Here''s my view -

Would you rather be in our position with our Board or in the place of

someone like Bolton/Portsmouth (with the people they have had running

them)? That''s a question too btw, so I''ll expect an answer...any time

you like.

Apples I am not quite sure why you & the other Haunting Trolls are trying to accuse me of being someone else (why) & trying to twist my original post into support for or against the current owners

What are you all doing ? But then we all know the reason - someone posting a valid comment that you all dont agree with

What I said was with the recent change at Chaiman it (in my view) has left McNally with even more influence on a day to day basis at the club given the fact that the guy who overviewed the finances so successfully has walked (Bowkett)

Plus as David McD''s just a paid employee. If

he just walks all the Club can do is claim compensation - if he did

walk we would be in a very difficult position.

He may well have been recommended to Delia but during the previous 5

years up to his appointment she had struggled to surrounded herself

with good advisers hence the relegation to L1

You look at the Job McD has done & I would have thought Clubs like Sunderland / Newcastle etc must have thought about approaching him

Next pointBoard member''s - classed as Delia''s mates (nice term not meant to be derogatory)

Phillips - CEO of Delia Ltd

Fry - Celebrity who does not attend meetings and only a few games

Balls - locally educated failed MP

Are you claiming that any of these 3 would be on the Norwich City Board if the Stowmarket 2 were not majority shareholders ?

In my view no.

What this has to do with Bolton or Portsmouth is beyond me plus what is it the verbose Purple cant understand & yes I accept it is much to short a post for Parma Ham to grasp what I am saying[/quote]Wrong Newton as he is also a director.

So we''ve pretty much covered peoples personal dislike of the owners and their board. Now what are the football reasons against them? The only one I''ve seen mentioned is relegation to league one. But surely that was a different board and was addressed by the owners shortly after it happened.

TIL1010

I am happy to reply to your response to Newton

If you are a Director of a Ltd Company - and you no longer want to occupy that position you resign & a la Bowkett and walk same day

Being a Director does not tie McNally to Norwich in any way - sorry (he also has a very minimal shareholding )

If that''s all you can find to disagree with in my statement - I can only assume you agree with the rest (what will Purple and the boys say when they find out )

Re: What is going on with the Board ?

So we''ve pretty much covered peoples personal dislike of the owners and their board. Now what are the football reasons against them? The only one I''ve seen mentioned is relegation to league one. But surely that was a different board and was addressed by the owners shortly after it happened

Nutty that''s correct - David McN & Bowkett were brought on board. It has worked like a dream but Bowkett walked for some reason and now David McN appears to have even more power than he did before

I am happy with this but many on this forum want him gone - I think that would be a big mistake - given the make up of the Board

Foulger, Stowmarket 2, Absent Celebrity, Failed MP & Delias Catering CEO - hardly a strong set up if David McD left

What do we need to add ?

I get the impression something will added but haven''t got a clue what that is. It''s difficult for me to have much of an opinion given that I know little about owning a football club. All I can do is offer an opinion on the club I have to support. That opinion is that the club I have to support now is the best model since I first started supporting in the 60s. I have top flight football, its maybe not the best top flight over that time but its the best on offer. We have real investment in youth and I''m enjoying those young players as they progress. And the club reach out into the community more than at anytime before. The clubs facilities, players and management are made accessible to the fans social club. And even more importantly through the clubs charity partners, the CSF, disadvantaged people in our community get their lives enriched.

I know that''snot everyone''s model and I''ll probably live long enough to support the kind of club others prefer. But while we have this one I''m going to make the most of it and enjoy every day.

Nutty well said

And the club reach out into the community more than at anytime before. The clubs facilities, players and management are made accessible to the fans social club. And even more importantly through the clubs charity partners, the CSF, disadvantaged people in our community get their lives enriched.

Agree with every word, my son has benefited immensely from what the CSF has to offer

Really pleased to read your post Gunthorpe, you''re right the club has a real community feel about it these past 5/6 years and having seen it first hand the work that the CSF do is awesome, so glad your son has benefited from it.

Hope to see you at one of our fans social club events, come and say hello

[quote user="funny old game"]My board selection would be (taking the recent appointment of the new chairman), Foulger, MWJ & Delia, Fry, Stringer, Huckerby.[/quote]Not a bad choice, except Balls is now a fact of life and you''ve forgotten McNally and Stephan Phillips. So Balls in place of Fry and put another business head on to make up for the loss of Bowkett.Huckerby should be on the football board along with Neil Adams and Colin Watts.

No sign of Gunthorpe today then...I wonder if him and Newton have had a falling out and they are off sulking somewhere (possibly together)?!??!

Apples