Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Dermot Gallaghers (ex PL Ref) view

SCENARIO: A free-kick from the left side is swung into the area and Norwich striker Cameron Jerome reacts to the second ball with an acrobatic overhead kick which flies into the top right-hand corner of the net.

REFEREE''S DECISION: Goal disallowed by Simon Hooper for dangerous play.

DERMOT SAYS: I know why he''s disallowed it. He''s disallowed it because he thinks it is dangerous play. I think he''s wrong. For me, Cameron Jerome has quite clearly gone for the ball, his eyes are on the ball, he''s very skilfully played the ball. Joel Ward has come for the ball and he has actually put his head in behind him. It''s a great bit of skill and the other giveaway for me is that Joel Ward just gets up and plays on. He doesn''t see it as a foul. For me, it is an incorrect decision.

well there ya'' have it. I agree with the fact that barely anyone contested the goal says a lot - they all appreciated they had conceded a very good goal.

Also it would have been a fantastic moment for Jerome to score against his former club.

Of course he''s wrong.  Everyone knows he''s wrong, except the one who matters.  Simon bl00dy Hooper, arrogant little pillock.

The sad thing about it is that had it not been disallowed it could have been a contender for goal of the month.

It was a very well taken goal!