Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Norwich City - useless referee proving ground

So we should just say nothing? And be victims in this league AGAIN! because I''m gettin some serious déjàvous here.

If "bleating on" about his decision a) gets us a decent red for Sunderland out of shame from the FA and b) contributes to thing this guys career then it''s a result in my eyes.

You need to watch the game on your radio a bit harder I think

Watch the video again, initially the Ref gives the goal, then he must have been given information in his ear coz he then changes his decision  

[quote user="Buh"]So we should just say nothing? And be victims in this league AGAIN! because I''m gettin some serious déjàvous here.

If "bleating on" about his decision a) gets us a decent red for Sunderland out of shame from the FA and b) contributes to thing this guys career then it''s a result in my eyes.

You need to watch the game on your radio a bit harder I think[/quote]It''s possible the club (or AN himself) have already contacted the authorities to make an official complaint about the standard of refereeing, as they would be perfectly entitled to do in the circumstances. Not doing this through the media in the immediate aftermath of the match would probably give a complaint more weight. Given our previous experiences with Mr Hooper, I wouldn''t be surprised in the slightest.

It won''t stop Mr Hooper from refereeing one of our future matches regardless how much us supporters bleat on, in fact if he is the vindictive type by bashing him on social media will just give him more excuses to be anti Norwich!

Let the club deal with it their way accept it and move on.

Let''s see if we can address the shortfalls in our defence in the next game.

He won''t be allowed to screw us like that again. Luckily the response to what he did has been overwhelmingly negative. He''s been made to look an absolute knob on national TV and the newspapers so I''m more than happy with that. The match report, which is all over Twitter, also heavily critisices him for his sheer lack of ability.

The point of this thread, before the one guy in the country that thinks jerome shoal shouldn''t have stood stepped in, was the lack of respect for a club like Norwich from the authorities lead to them giving us an unsuitable red which cost us at least a point from the match. That''s the cold reality and it''s not right. Folding your arms and saying "these things even themselves out" is sheer stupidity because, as we''ve seen, they don''t. In this league the refs love to screw over clubs like Norwich.

The defence needs strengthening, the attack need options. I think there might be one or two threads on here about that already. I think doing one about the fact this club is heavily disrespected by the authorities and a man brought a personal vendetta to a game potentially worth millions of pounds to the football club.

This is the richest league on earth, everything from hospitality to groundsmen is world class and yet we continue to put up with these morons that I would trust with a gorleston under 8''s pre season friendly. WHY!

You need to heavily invest in referee training, bring in technology or import referees from abroad that are competent. Or variations of all three.

I''m usually very protective of referees having done the job myself for a number of years, but there was something very fishy about the appointment and about his performance. The subject of our ire should be PGMOL for appointing him to this match in the first place. Slate the ref as much as you like – and there are numerous clubs who have (or have had) ''hate campaigns'' against particular officials – but the incompetents who allowed him to officiate this match, under these circumstances, are the ones who should be held accountable. They won''t be, though – they never are. The trouble is, how can you *prove* that he brought a personal vendetta into the game? They can just use ''sour grapes'' as an excuse for all but the most obscene of injustices – I can all but guarantee nothing will come of this. They may quietly remove Mr Hooper from Premier League duty for a while, and it might be a long time until he officiates another NCFC game, but these things always blow over in time. And before anyone accuses me of siding with the officials, this status quo disgusts me and I''d love nothing more than PGMOL and officials in general to be more accessible and more accountable, rather than the current smoke-and-mirrors approach.

Indy, where do you draw the line then, or do you not?

Lets take an extreme. Say Saturday we played excellently all game, from the first minute to the last. The ref disallowed 12 perfectly legitimate goals for us. He also sent off 2 of our players for making perfectly legitimate tackles, so legitimate that nobody was debating whether they were a foul never mind a card. He also awarded Palace a penalty when a player of their''s slipped in the box with nobody around him. Palace missed the penalty, so later in the game he awarded them another penalty for a ''foul'' which only he had seen, nobody fell to the ground, no palace players appealed. Palace scored the penalty and ''won'' 0-1.

Would you still be coming on here saying that we had to improve our defending and attacking because we lost. We didn''t score enough goals to win. The decisions were correct because the ref gave them and we need to move on???

I have no illusions that the club won''t do anything. There is little they can do. But like I said, if all this press keeps him away from Norwich games and hopefully not in the prem then it''s a victory. For all sorts of reasons the decision to have him officiate on Saturday was a slur on the football club.

I agree with some on here that by the letter of the law you could have disallowed Jeromes goal however with replays it was clear that the Sunderland player went for it and was not in any real danger! also not one player from Oppo appealled all started walking away which says a lot!

However there is absolutely no excuse for missing the blatant penalty on Bassong the player clearly took him out no intention of the ball and there can be no excuse as not visible as done clearly as ball arrived. That is not even lower local league ref levels and makes one very suspicious of the officials at that match!

For the record I know our backs were poor but watching Ruddy for first two goals , he is so slow to cover ball across box should have been near post for both shots!

And I suppose had that been a Palace player with Bassongs head there and the foul given and the goal ruled out you would still be on this vendetta?

People ought to moan at our club''s board instead of the referee. We need to stick the ball in the net and stop conceding but our club don''t want to spend money on a top quality defender and striker to help us do this.We lost not because of the ref but because our bargain bucket team is NOT good enough.

[quote user="juicy plams"]People ought to moan at our club''s board instead of the referee. We need to stick the ball in the net and stop conceding but our club don''t want to spend money on a top quality defender and striker to help us do this.We lost not because of the ref but because our bargain bucket team is NOT good enough.[/quote]Lapps, have you added this one to your list of Waveneys?Waveney, screen break time.

[quote user="juicy plams"]People ought to moan at our club''s board instead of the referee. We need to stick the ball in the net and stop conceding but our club don''t want to spend money on a top quality defender and striker to help us do this.We lost not because of the ref but because our bargain bucket team is NOT good enough.[/quote] Put glasses on and you''re Stephen Merchant''s dad [:D]

I couldn''t care less that refs are rubbish but what gets my blood boiling is the one sided nature of it , i can honestly say i can''t remember a game in the premier league where the ref gave 3 crazy decisions in OUR favour.

No troll but I don''t see the point of all the bitching and vitriol towards the ref.....he was sh1te no doubt, but if he was so biased then he could have awarded Palace a penalty the way their player went down!

I don''t see the point like all you rose tinted fans say, moaning about it on here will do nothing! The ref gets reviewed and the clubs submit reports on the refs as I''ve been told. The independent board assign the refs for the weekends games and you bitching on here or posting stuff about him on Facebook and Twitter will have a negative effect when he officiated us again!

He will be back in charge of one our games.

The games gone we played well, we didn''t get the rub of the green technically it could given as dangerous play and was, the penalty wasn''t awarded and that''s that.

Like I said poor ref but would have been helped by using a mangers review type system where the 4th official could review and help the official. He only has his one view as we all did round the pitch.

I''m more bothered that we conceded three goals and haven''t improved our defence in two years.

The article below was written before a ball had been kicked! If Halsey can see a potential problem, why can''t those who appointed him in the first place.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/597184/Ex-official-blasts-referee-appointment-Norwich-Crystal-Palace

Sorry for making a thread about a totally relevant issue from The game Saturday officer. Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

BUH I''m as peed off as any fan is, he''s not the first nor will he be the last, we''ve had this from the first season of the Premiership.

You have every right to say what you want on here and I apologise for being a tad harsh, didn''t mean to be, but saw a campaign on Facebook by city fans and if we make it personal in numbers I can see it biting us on the bum again in the future.

Yes I fully agree we were on the wrong end of two clear decisions, but we can''t do much about them now. I''m sure the club have reported their lack of faith in him and as already said he''s been scathed in the media by all.

I agree we are due a few decisions hopefully!

Nah, can''t agree that hiding and apologising for that injustice. Would any other team in this league just roll over? You have to shout loudest in this league to get anything.

Scorch the earth. I want Simon Hooper in stocks in norwich marketplace for what he did. Next time he''s at Carrow road I want him berated from the first minute to the last.

Bet he''d call Wayne Rooney "wayne" or "wazza" as well

Bald pr1ck...

[quote user="Indy"]And I suppose had that been a Palace player with Bassongs head there and the foul given and the goal ruled out you would still be on this vendetta?[/quote]

I think that''s possibly the point. The goal would have stood. Rooney and Pelle scored similar goals which were readily given.

[quote user="Buh"]Nah, can''t agree that hiding and apologising for that injustice. Would any other team in this league just roll over? You have to shout loudest in this league to get anything.

Scorch the earth. I want Simon Hooper in stocks in norwich marketplace for what he did. Next time he''s at Carrow road I want him berated from the first minute to the last.

Bet he''d call Wayne Rooney "wayne" or "wazza" as well

Bald pr1ck...[/quote]

And a hobbit as well !