Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Team for Leeds

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Tweedledum and Tweedledee have finished, back on topic, the issue over Tettey is not clear, but even if he doesn''t play in one of the games this week, we have strong alternatives.  In Dorrans and Howson we have two of the best midfielders in the division and with O''Neil''s experience, Redmond and even E.Bennett, almost any permutation looks good.  Would still rather have Tettey for both remaining games this week though.[/quote]We were on topic until you blundered into the thread.[/quote][:D]  I answered on topic. I responded to your suggestion that Neil might be motivating Tettey to man up, which to me seems disrespectful to the player.  Suggest you stick to the football  and just keep the personal stuff off the board for once.  We have a great end to the season in prospect and tomorrow nights game is important to all of us. Shame to spoil it, eh? [quote user="vos"]May I ask, what on earth has Elliot Bennett done to

justify an immediate recall and play in a vital "must win" game.[/quote]    Elliot Bennett was on the bench on Saturday so is presumably part of the thinking for tomorrow''s game too.  He may not start, but there is no reason to suppose he would not feature at some stage and if AN decides that two wide men is the best option, he could be considered for the starting lineup. 

Nothing personal there whatsoever. Have you not realised yet that if you post things on a public forum that are badly informed drivel, then someone is going to question them?

Clearly not.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>[/quote]One thing I did notice on Saturday, is that Redmond must have been doing some strength work, as he wasn''t as easily knocked off the ball as he used to be.If he showed a bit more grit, strength and determination a bit more often then he would get more games.I don''t like the balance of your suggestion. If anything I would consider dropping Jerome and bringing in Grabban.[/quote]I agree with bringing Grabban back- if he''s fit.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>[/quote]One thing I did notice on Saturday, is that Redmond must have been doing some strength work, as he wasn''t as easily knocked off the ball as he used to be.If he showed a bit more grit, strength and determination a bit more often then he would get more games.I don''t like the balance of your suggestion. If anything I would consider dropping Jerome and bringing in Grabban.[/quote]I agree with bringing Grabban back- if he''s fit. [/quote]

Grabban was a big favourite of Neil''s before his injury, he''s more mobile than Jerome, so I wouldn''t be surprised to see him start tonight.  Jerome deserves a rest, he''s been amazing for us in the time that Grabban''s been out. Plus there''s the incident from the home game to consider - the last thing we need is an early red card.

On Tettey, I wonder if there''s a bit of kidology going on. Keeps the opposition guessing.

[quote user="Woodman"]

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Midweek games at Leeds, under the lights can always be intimidating, IMO as a supporter always feel its a tough place to go, thought Saturday we looked very lightweight with both Redmond and Hoolahan starting, hence I would start Grabban for Redmond ?>[/quote]One thing I did notice on Saturday, is that Redmond must have been doing some strength work, as he wasn''t as easily knocked off the ball as he used to be.If he showed a bit more grit, strength and determination a bit more often then he would get more games.I don''t like the balance of your suggestion. If anything I would consider dropping Jerome and bringing in Grabban.[/quote]I agree with bringing Grabban back- if he''s fit. [/quote]

Grabban was a big favourite of Neil''s before his injury, he''s more mobile than Jerome, so I wouldn''t be surprised to see him start tonight.  Jerome deserves a rest, he''s been amazing for us in the time that Grabban''s been out. Plus there''s the incident from the home game to consider - the last thing we need is an early red card.

On Tettey, I wonder if there''s a bit of kidology going on. Keeps the opposition guessing.

[/quote]I think that grinding out initial dominance with Jerome''s greater physical presence, then hitting them with Grabban when their legs are tiring, is a pretty good option though.

Yep, start with 1 up front, dictate the play, then if we haven''t scored, add another striker, then another and another. Then put Bassong up front with all 4 of them and finally bring Ruddy up for a corner in the last minute...

i never seen such a odd for Norwich away game!

Same odd will be if Leeds face Barca lol

Bellusci and Antenucci both dropped for Leeds! No alleged racist and their top scorer not starting, good!