Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Well that's ambition for you...

[quote user="alartz"]You''re gonna tell me Mr fry that we couldn''t get better than a player from the accies?[/quote]
By ''better'' you mean more expensive, don''t you? Because, lets face it, the chances of you having any knowledge on the overall ability of Andreu are very slim. 
[quote user="alartz"]Alex Neil hasn''t even featured on the bench for us yet so what makes this Frenchman any better?[/quote]
Well, firstly, they''re completely different players. Alex Neil was a holding midfielder whilst Andreu was an attacking midfielder, so making an objective decision as to which one is more talented is very difficult as they are such different players. It''s like asking ''who''s better Messi or Mascherano?'' Any rational person would, at least, acknowledge that the vast differences between playing styles and position make an objective analysis quite impossible and would then concede that it would also depend mightily on what task you were asking them to perform. 
Anyway, Alex Neil has yet to feature on the bench as he is not a player-manager anymore, he is just a manager. Whilst at Norwich he has, essentially, retired as a player.
[quote user="alartz"]It''s a buddy buy to me. Mate got him in on more money[/quote]
Whilst I won''t deny that their past relationship probably had an impact on his signing, I find it very unlikely that the club would have approved a deal for a player that the footballing board did not view as having the potential to make an impact. I also think that Alex Neil is far too honest to bring in a player he doesn''t think can contribute to the team. Look at his comments re: Hendrie as an example, he didn''t think Hendrie was ready to make an impact in this league and refused to bring him in as a result. Neil obviously thinks that Andreu can contribute and make an impact and I''m willing to give both Neil and Andreu a chance to prove this to me. A chance should be the least a fan can offer.

The recent buddy signings I remember were:

Bassong, Gutierrez, Fox, Tierney and Martin.

Except for Gutierrez, I''d take another one of those.

Maybe it was a good transfer window as we kept Ruddy, BJ, Bassong, Martin, Hooper, Redmond.....

Andreu will be poetry in motion. It means we can double up in defensive midfield and link the "lines" with effective passing and he will get some goals too. What''s not to like?

Bang on o.p! We''re steadily becoming the joke we were before Lambert arrived! The board can see it their not blind, but they are happy for that though. Its the blinker wearing happy clappy fans that are thge problem clap-on clap-off THE HAPPY CLAPPER! Jokers!