Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Ashton offer accepted!!

Something we never want to see, but they say every player has his value.

What price do you think it would take for City to agree to sell?

I honestly think Norwich would sell for about £7million, although i feel he is worth more.

Lets pray Norwich keep to their word , and keep hold onto our best players!

Please don''t place such a misleading title on posts!

Still for my money Norwich should take a leaf out of Lyon''s book (Essien saga):

By saying that we have a very useful player and we do not NEED to sell.

Therfore clubs will HAVE to pay SILLY money.

Dean costs £15 million or nothing and we then stick to our guns.

If it puts clubs off- fine- we win, score goals and return to Prem.

If they pay £15million - fine we win. We buy quality and return to Prem.

We must pray that the board do not get tempted by a reasonable offer but play it hard.

[quote]Something we never want to see, but they say every player has his value. What price do you think it would take for City to agree to sell? I honestly think Norwich would sell for about £7million, alt...[/quote]

A bloody stupid and irresponsible headline nik.

I nearly had another heart attack!.

Subject matter okay mate, but think next time please.

I don''t believe that we will sell him, Worthy wants him to stay, Delia and Michael want him to stay, only perhaps Doomcaster would rather have the money but even he must realise the fans reaction given that we bought our season tickets on the promise that we had to sell no-one.

I for one would return my season tickets and attempt through legal process to have the money returned as I wouldn''t want to go anymore and I believe that the NCFC contract, though only verbal, would have been broken.

Crikey, I just spat my cornflakes over my computer monitor when I saw this headline!!!

I think the club really have to just come out with a statement saying ''Ashton is not for sale AT ANY PRICE''

It is obvious that we stand more of a chance with Ashton in the side than if we accepted say 7/8 million as we would not be able to attract the kind of player with the same abilities as Ashton. Therefore by taking the action Palace took with AJ (minus the outrageous contract) everybody will no exactly what the situation is and to keep their grubby mits of our main asset!

With the Wiz here.  We all understand the need for snappy and eye-catching headlines, mate, but your one goes down about as well as a John Wark t-shirt in the Barclay Lower.  Savvy?

£8 million and imo the Board would accept, would he go to Wigan probably not but if the likes of Newcastle come in then we will have a problem . We almost certainly would not get as much in January if City are still struggling and Ashton wants off , no way will he be playing in this division next season hes way to good for that .So the key to keeping him is to pull our fingers out and get up to the top of this table and stay there , because the truth at the moment is for all his talent he is playing for a team who are lower in the league than the Crewe side he left to better himself.

[quote]Something we never want to see, but they say every player has his value. What price do you think it would take for City to agree to sell? I honestly think Norwich would sell for about £7million, alt...[/quote]

I really don''t think we would let Ashton go for as little as £7 million unless he categorically states that he wants to leave in a fashion similar to Francis which I really doubt will happen! In my opinion Deano is a superior player to Crouch (£7 million transfer fee) and he has the potential to keep improving. Nothing less than £10 million should even be considered and even then selling would be madness as we couldn''t find a striker of the same quality at that price who is willing to play in the Champ. We also wouldn''t have enough time to bring in a quality striker before the window closes! We don''t need to sell according to the board and there''s no risk of Ashton leaving for free in the near future so keep rejecting those bids Worthy! Deano must stay!

I agree that we are definitely not a one man team but I don''t see a forward line of McKenzie and Thorne leading us to automatic promotion with only Henderson and Jarvis as back up! We would continue to play well without Ashton but it would be a great big step in the wrong direction for the club!

I think that we would find it hard to turn down £8 million but we would need to have two or three genuinely good quality players lined up to come in and replace him that would make the difference to our squad otherwise the board would be asking for trouble.