Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Why was Tettey subbed?

One of my favourites, but it sounded like he was having a mare. Got robbed in the lead up to their first goal & couldn''t pass for toffee tonight.

This only comes from the radio commentary, mind, but Goreham is generally loathe to criticise our players, so when he does, it usually means they''ve been pretty crap.

perhaps someone who was there can give a more informed opinion (when they get back!).

I was there and whilst he wasn''t at his best (nobody was), he was still our main midfielder to keep the tempo. Most of his good work was interceptions last night, he seemed our only player capable of making them.

Taking Tettey off leaves us completely exposed through the middle. It cost us the game against Charlton and last night it cost us any chance of getting back into the game because Howson goes missing in that position.

Not at the game but surprised he was subbed. His strength in the middle must have been missed particularly with Johnson not playing. This was then followed by moving Howson wide left. Poor decisions, nearly thought Hughton was in charge again.

Very worrying result with the impression given that we did not seem up for the game at all.

I would presume it was because:

- The whole midfield were playing poorly anyway, including Tettey.

- We needed to bring on another striker, and our defence was struggling with 4 at the back so 3 would be suicide

- O''neil appears to be our only capable set piece taker - and having played less football probably had more energy for the latter parts of the game.