Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Defence v Brighton?

Who do we pick in defence this weekend?

Martin or Whitbread at right back? Does Cuellar continue in the middle? I think he does.

If we could get Whitbread playing as well as he did for Scotland, I and I think most supporters would be happy with that form.

In front of the back four I would have Tettey and O''Neil. At home against a relatively average side.We don''t need Johnson with his erratic passing and lack of pace. We need creativity and pace in the form of Howson and Redmond. Hooper has to be given a chance ahead of Grabban.

What are your views?

Any of the combinations are good enough, whether it Martin at CB or RB, Cuellar or Martin in the Centre or even Garrido instead of an off form Olssen.

These are all excellent defenders at the level they are playing.

The problem is......the way the side are set up and the tactics, and hopefully once Phelan has time to influence things we will see the team as a unit defend and player better, because it is clear that NA can''t get it right.

Neil definitely needs help in getting the message through about defensive priority and the importance of defending as a team. I would expect Phelan to instil a a level of discipline that''s is sadly lacking at the moment.

I''m pretty sure it was Cuellar who raced back from our corner against N.Forest overtook everyone and nearly managed to get back to stop their second goal on the line so wouldn''t say he''s that slow.

would be ok with the forest defence again (martin, turner, cuellar Olsso) to try and get some consistency but would prefer Martin Turner Hooiveld and Garrido