Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Such nervous times for city fans-future on a knife edge

I''m on this and every other website every 10 minutes at the moment, is anyone else feeling really anxious! I''m usually very positive and am not the type to start calling for heads to roll after 4 games of a 46 game season with a new look squad still settling in.But it has to be said, nothing is going right at the moment, on the pitch and off. And with the rumours and vultures circling over CR daily unsettling fans staff and surely players alike, we really need a break and fast. Everything is on a knife edge, things could go either way - just a couple of good wins against leeds and stoke and everything will be rosy and it''ll feel like we''re up and running finally. ORMorrison signs for Palace (whatever you think about that sigining, a front line of morrison and johnson is bad news for us), Ashton cracks under the pressure and decides to leave, morale disintegrates, Leon keeps misfiring, Huckerby stays injured, Safri gets injured and we''re left with a completely spineless midfield, and suddenly another 9 years in the champioship looks more likely than a quick return to the prem.The don''t see how the Dons win and the manner of it has done anything for confidence. Sorry to be so neg, it''s not like me but i''m definitely feeling nervous about our prospects at the moment. Hope that changes this weekend.

It''s not quite right that ''nothing is going right at the moment''. We''re in the draw for the second round of the cup - ask our friends down the road whether or not to take a 1-0 win against lower league opposition.In fact, ask yourself generally which other team''s fans you''d like to swap places with....( I suspect there were plenty of Chelsea fans moaning that they only managed to beat Wigan 1-0 and how are they expecting to be challenging at the top again if they can''t stuff teams like that 3 or 4-0? )

sorry, am i sounding insane? wouldn''t suprise me - being a city fan at the moment is enought to drive most of us insane!

not that we have things so bad or anything, just that, as explained, the current situation and general feeling at CR at the moment is making me nervous. and insane...

Somebody close that bloomin'' window!

Really, the sooner the transfer window closes the better, then we can all settle down and enjoy what unfolds.

At least until Christmas!

I want

(a) the window to stay open so we can sign a decent centre back and a midfield playmaker to help out Saf

(b) the telephone number for the girl in a1canary''s picture.

If I could only chose one I''d go for (b) though.

Palace with a strikeforce of Johnson, Macken and now Morrison are looking pretty useful up front!! I think I would probably take any one of those three over Leon and definitely Thorne!

Well Tumbleweed, i suggest you start at arsenal if you want her number. Her boyfriend''s father is David Dein. And she is...

Rachel Stevens - good luck! Nice pic tho eh!

I must admit to logging on to this forum on a frequent basis which suggests either nervousness (or insanity?). I guess part of this is the fact that Worthy''s signings fall into two groups, a) dull but hard working or, b) exciting and unforseen. I suppose I am not alone in wanting a couple from group B. From the radio commentary winger Wade Small and either of the two MK centre backs sounded as if they would be useful purchases (I know Chorley missed a penalty but so has Hucks). Derek Riordan is exciting, laden with attitude but scores & creates. Claude Davies is a superb cebtre back (Preston) and Kenny Lunt is creative, solid, creative and a friend of Deano''s. Perm any two from the above and you would still have plenty of change from £2 million. Just watch Morrison score loadsagoals in the next dozen games and then watch as he gradually moves to the subs bench - has has a real problem in maintaining form.

And I haven''t mentioned Kristiansen once......oh bugger!

I''ll phone David Dein then, a1. I suspect I may just have to content myself with reading your posts more than anybody else''s!!