Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Where Do The Pinkun Get Their Stories?

Not wishing to criticise this wonderful site at all, but things do get a little strange on here at times!

• Richard Balls'' column yesterday about Ashton possibly leaving, followed by Ashton signing a new contract some hours later.
  • Pinkun still having "Norwich waiting on Morrison" story whilst everyone else was reporting the man had signed for Palace the day before.
  • Story this morning about Doherty leading the line tomorrow, with another article underneath about the injury situation stating that Ashton was almost certain to return.

Eh??

Simple enough answer - we don''t delete old stories for search/archive purposes but you''ll always find the freshest articles at the top of the page so best to read them.

[quote]Simple enough answer - we don''t delete old stories for search/archive purposes but you''ll always find the freshest articles at the top of the page so best to read them.[/quote]

But no explanation for the ramble that was spouted by Richard Balls?    How did it ever get into print?  Surely the suggestion (written to imply it was a known fact) that Ashton had been tapped up was enough to set some alarm bells ringing? 

Why are you criticising Richard Balls??

That guys writes so much sense, his articles are fantastic.

If you read him every Satuday, you will appreciate just how spot on he is. To have a pop at hime , is frankly out of order, when you see some of the drivel written by other people who clearly do not know their backside from their elbow. He is the top man.  

PS I am no relation/friend/colleague of Mr Balls.

The Richard Balls article was spot on. He carefully summed up things as they were at the time of writing and gave reason and explaination for the causes.

Perhaps you could argue that it was not true to state that Ashton was unsettled by the rumours as that was speculation,fine but the rest easily stands up to any scutiny.

Unfortunately in this case the usual dimwits choose to over excite themselves and argue about things that weren''t said.

So here goes. One for the terminally confused bleaters -

At moment we may well draw against Leeds given recent home games, form points to a low scoring game and the line up might not be as on wednesday. The players may well have been boosted the first win and having the Ashton drama finally settle we could well see our first league win of the season. However Leeds are getting their act together and could well benefit as City''s seek to gel as a team.

Hopefully I will now get a tirade of abuse on saturday night as the result proves most of the above to have not happened.

Also I have no connection with Mr Balls (nor have I any puns based on his surname)

[quote]Why are you criticising Richard Balls?? That guys writes so much sense, his articles are fantastic. If you read him every Satuday, you will appreciate just how spot on he is. To have a pop at hime ,...[/quote]

I was referring to his recent article about Ashton, not his Saturday column.  And if I want to criticise it, or take issue with it I will!

RE: Where Do The Pinkun Get Their Stories?

Ceefax & Teletext....... and:

Lloyd''s, Compleat Angler, their Vivid Imaginations, Mustard Pot, Club Shop (both), Terry Postle (kit man), Marigolds (remember him?) Squares, Brannigans, Toni & Guy''s (exclusive footballer''s barbers- they all go for their tuppeny all offs and a penny fringes!) This forum!, NCFC footie sites (various), oh! - and from me! OTBC ;~)

Why not exercise that freedom then JC ?

What particular points in the article did you not agree with ?