Sign in to follow this  
jaemae2

Which is better?

[quote user="breadman"]The last time I played at carrow road I was in goal for 45 minutes and conceded no goals. John Ruddy in his last game at carrow road conceded 2 goals over ninety minutes.

Does this mean that I am better than him and city should sign me up?[/quote]

Yeah, this clearly is just a comparison of one game.

You people may seriously have severe mental issues.

I think it has been shown throughout this thread and others who has difficulty understanding ''soccer''.

You clearly have very little knowledge of the game and try to base everything on stats.

Well stats may be useful in Baseball and American football but in football judgement is far more important.

I can remember my old PE teacher telling us once that you could be the best player on the pitch and never touch the ball. How would the stats for that show up?

Hopefully you''ll get it into your small brain at some point jaemae. Stats are supporting articles for arguments not basis for them. I use stats a lot in my footballing arguments but as support for what I see happen on the pitch. You are the only one using the word ''passion'' which is not what I mean at all. Stop arguing against yourself and read a book

[quote user="jaemae2"]Here''s a simple math question that I''m sure all you very very smart people can handle.

Who is a better player?:

Player A: Team concedes 50 goals in 30 games of soccer being on the field

Player B: Team concedes 39 goals in 21 games of soccer when on the field...

I''m sure it''s really difficult...[/quote]

Correct stats from SoccerbaseThe team conceded 52 goals in the 30 games that Bassong played  =  1.73 goals per appearanceThe team conceded 37 goals in the 22 games that Turner played     =   1.68 goals per appearanceNow we have the correct stats, what was the point you were trying to prove?  

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I think it has been shown throughout this thread and others who has difficulty understanding ''soccer''.

You clearly have very little knowledge of the game and try to base everything on stats.

Well stats may be useful in Baseball and American football but in football judgement is far more important.

I can remember my old PE teacher telling us once that you could be the best player on the pitch and never touch the ball. How would the stats for that show up?[/quote]Sadly that is the nature of the beastThe extreme hype has dragged in all manner of sad Colins and Trevors who seem to imagine football is something akin to Gridiron where virtually nothing happens, bar when the advertiser needs a run in to an advert so everything has to be broken down into numbers, which can then be over anal  ylised to allow said Colins and Trevors to have an opinion.It is a measure of someone''s grasp of the game that they imagine that these meaningless numbers have any bearing on what has happened or how a player or team has performed. Best use it as a guideline as to who you can have a reasoned discussion about the game with.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="jaemae2"]Here''s a simple math question that I''m sure all you very very smart people can handle.

Who is a better player?:

Player A: Team concedes 50 goals in 30 games of soccer being on the field

Player B: Team concedes 39 goals in 21 games of soccer when on the field...

I''m sure it''s really difficult...[/quote]

Correct stats from SoccerbaseThe team conceded 52 goals in the 30 games that Bassong played  =  1.73 goals per appearanceThe team conceded 37 goals in the 22 games that Turner played     =   1.68 goals per appearanceNow we have the correct stats, what was the point you were trying to prove?   [/quote]

I skipped a Capitol Cup game. It''s 52 goals in 31 games Bassong played, not 30 games. and 39 in 22 for Turner. So nah, you weren''t right either. I skipped a CC game for them both in my stats as well. So there you go.

Also the point moron was Bassong and the team was better when he was on the field and Turner wasn''t partnered with him, and worse when Turner was on the field and Bassong was partnered with him. Point being, Turner made Bassong worse as Turner is shit...

[quote user="jaemae2"]Also the point moron was Bassong and the team was better when he was on the field and Turner wasn''t partnered with him, and worse when Turner was on the field and Bassong was partnered with him. Point being, Turner made Bassong worse as Turner is shit...[/quote]

Well, we finally get to the heart of your assessment.

Turner was better than Bassong last season. Bassong almost handed Spurs a goal, and he was woeful away at Man City. On paper Bass should be better than Turner, but after seeing the games this season I know who played the better footy, and judging by this thread you are all alone in your crap assessment of which player performed better as an individual. Moron.