Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

The Penalty That Wasn't

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, apologies if they have, but how did that awful referee see fit not to give us anything for Skrtl pretty much ripping Turners shirt off? Absolute stonewall penalty.

What makes it worse is had roles been reversed at the other end, he couldn''t have blown his whistle quick enough. Then to top it off, MotD don''t even show it!

He probably did see it, but refs are so reluctant to give those kind of penalties because more often than not they''re both fouling each other. But i agree it was a blatant penalty. You can''t help feel that if it had been down the other end he would''ve given it..

Haven''t you heard, Liverpool are going for the title and favours from the ref will be a help. Of course Marinner would''ve blown up for a penalty for them. It felt like we were playing against 12 men yesterday at times.

Really? I guess you could make an argument for Turner going, but then had he carded all the Liverpool players he should have done, they probably would have had one too.

I was more annoyed about getting nothing from that Horrendous challenge on Snodgrass... oh and the fact he blew the whistle on the dot of the 94th min. (Pretty sure there had been some subs which = +30 seconds)Personally I think the ref didn''t want to be involved in some last minute Norwich goal controversy which could have affected the title race !But we got away with some bad challenges as well.

They just mentioned it on SkySports news ''Monday Review''  and it was agreed by all 3 in the studio that it should have been a penalty, Dermot Gallagher even mentioned that there would be a review of this sort of incident in the close season (too late !)About the challenge on Snodgrass, there was no defence on that, it should have been a free kick and what a position it would have been for one of Snoddy''s specials !