Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

West Ham win, fans boo players off pitch

Allardyce said that in the dressing room at half time the players were talking more about the booing than the game and this had a negative effect on them. This is why our fans have to really think about what they''re doing when then start the ironic cheering with every pass, or chants of "ya dunno whut ya doin!" or booing on the substitutes. That nonsense is not going to help us win.

I think football is a game of emotion and passion. If you need to boo to get your point across to the team, then by all means start booing.

Just because a team win a match doesn''t mean they have pleased the supporters. There''s more to it than just the result. Isn''t it also about excitement, hard-work, skill etc???

I don''t regard myself as a customer; I am a fan/ supporter. Sure I pay to go in but I don''t always expect it to be enjoyable! It is the nature of sport which makes it different from other forms of entertainment. When you go for a meal, there isn''t a group of opposition waiters trying to stop you from waiting the tables or rival chefs trying to break into the kitchen and pour loads of salt into the sauce! To equate sport to other forms of "entertainment" reduces it. It is only because of the great lows that you enjoy the great highs; it is so much more than just entertainment and anybody who sees the two as synonymous is, in my opinion, missing a lot!The customer model breaks down on all sorts of levels - if I get fed up with the Travel Inn, I would go to the Hilton, but it just doesn''t work this way with football for most of us - or is this just hopelessly old fashioned?