Sign in to follow this  
morty

The "messiah"

Zak Van Burger wrote the following post at 27/02/2014 6:31 PM:

Yellowfuture wrote:

I wonder if the Villa fans will be chanting Hughton''s name on Sunday.

I''d say there''s more chance of you hearing the Norwich fans chanting Chris Hughtons than that.

Doesn''t seem that long ago that all the little villains were at Carrow road chanting the name of our manager, wasn''t that around the time he was saying how much he loved it at Norwich? How strange!

The original article makes for interesting reading. My first thought was that it''s classic Villa fans thinking that they are still this behemoth club that should be challenging for the title (top 6 wasn''t good enough for the vile fans under O''Neil and wanted him gone), spending £40m on 16 players over 2 years actually means you are now one of the smaller clubs in the PL (in terms of spending power), perhaps they should wake up and smell the coffee!

As a further point to this, it does amuse me that the author seems to think that the whole point of the club should be to ''fund'' the club, again this is an outdated point of view, with UEFA''s FFP, running a club on the a near even keel is the way forward.

I haven''t seen enough of Villa to comment of Lambert''s tactics but it does surprise me to hear of his negativity. However I feel Lambert''s time and tactics were somewhat shaped by momentum, I think he realized we had a fearsome attack for league one and we literally carried that mentality through his entire time at the club. When he took over at Villa, that mentality doesn''t exist.

Personally I feel that Villa aren''t in that bad of shape (for their spending) and if they sack Lambert and end up with another sub-standard appointment (a la McCleish) then relegation beckons and potentially plenty of years in the Championship/League One. That said, after spending 3 years in the Midlands surrounded by the arrogant Villa fans, I hope they get relegated! The sooner the better!

I just can''t see the Villa fans chanting for Hughton as they seem to have had a pretty bad experience with the last manager they tapped up from us....... [:D] They''re going to have to start chanting for somebody tho'' I mean Lamberts two years is almost up, Villa hasn''t worked for him he''ll be off I''m sure. What about Megson is Gary Megson working these days? Knows the City well after West Brom, good Championship manager......[:D]

Good shout Zak! local knowledge and experience in the lower leagues,Megson is bound to be a prime candidate. Those villians love a manager who has worked locally!! Hughtons time as a bluenose may also appeal to them mind!!