Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

RvW and Hooper

Pinkun article asking about pairing the two against Newcastle.

I personally feel that we need to persist with RvW and Hooper and think about the long term. Elmander is not our player. Becchio likley to be off, or at best making up the numbers it would seem. RvW and Hooper represent our two biggest outlays in terms of fee. It makes sense to have them both on the pitch at the same time. I think personally that these two simply have to learn how to play together, and thats only going to happen if they get game-time together.

It may not be our most effective strikeforce at present. But it needs to become that way. Personally, I say think about the longterm, and give these two the opportunity to develop an understanding, rather than chop and change for specific games. Think about the future rather than the present. Im not convinced our attack would be any less effective doing this, but may bear fruit in the longterm.

I absolutely agree that they should be played together, with Hooper playing off RVW in the linking role (much like Rooney does with RVP).With Tettey and Fer bossing the centre of the park, and players like Pilks and Redmond offering pace and directness on the wings (along with solid crossing), we can present a formidable attack, especially if we''re not trying to defend every 2 seconds...

They aren''t going to get better unless they play together. Suggesting wes/elmander/becchio instead of 1 is silly really as like people said its not the long term option.

Movement and link up looked pretty good against hull without really creating much, but I''d put that down to lack of service from midfield.