Sign in to follow this  
off the boil city

Really Weird Dream

There I was at Old Trafford on Saturday in an empty stadium, ( apart from 3500 Albion fans), due to the boycott Manure fans had decided not to travel from London and Norwich''s 0-2 defeat to Blues and the 1-1 draw between Palace and Saints had the baggies in good spirits by kick-off time, with the score at 1-1 the ref awarded Manure a diabolical last minute penalty to prove refs are not influenced by the old trafford crowd, so a 2-1 defeat looked bleak but amazingly the next week saw the scores Fulham 3-1 Norwich,  Charlton 1-0 Palace, (johnson og penalty),               Saints 0-4 Manure,WBA 5-0 Pompey 4th team (ladies) to leave West Brom Albion in a deserved 17th place. Strange dream but probably coming true

ps WBA to sign Kris Commons in June

Hey boil, to have a dream like that you must have drunk enough to fill one of the broads!

how many drinks........

serious how many, and what drugs?

[quote]you have a sad life and probably no friends[/quote]

That''s a bit harsh. I thought it was an entertaining post (especially the bit about Johnson scoring an og from a penalty).

The only flaw in your dream, boil, is that Robson would see Portsmouth ladies as a threat and would deploy his normal 5-5-0 formation resulting in the inevitable 2-0 defeat.

OK so in one match against the Arsenal we employed a defensive system that gave them not one corner and only 3 chances, of which they scored 2-we had 8 corners the same number of chances and took none, the plan was very good and nearly worked with better finishing it could have been a huge upset. Since Robbo took over we have played really good football with attacking verve that has been great to watch even when we lost 4-0 to Boro in a bizarre match with us having the most possession, corners, and a dozen good chances. Now if lady luck turns on Saturday it could be very interesting at Old Trafford

You must beware of the Blues, Steve Bruce is Robbo''s best mate and they and their wives go out together every Saturday night in Brum, Brucie has promised a win and the Blues players are on a double win bonus for their last 2 matches to get a higher place in the Prem, the bonus is zero for draw/loss so the bluenoses are up for it for their own reasons-beware the emiles of May

Shame it will remain only a dream - how could the ref tell if there was no home crowd at OT they are quiet even when full; only the away fans make a noise.

I hope the baggies outsing the prawn brigade and show them what real fans are like, even if things go horribly wrong for you - which I hope it does naturally!

If city are not to survive the drop I would to see more boing booing in the prem than over rated london media pets like palarse or the saints   - good luck.

OTBC

we will beat birmingham 3-0!

trust me!

[quote]OK so in one match against the Arsenal we employed a defensive system that gave them not one corner and only 3 chances, of which they scored 2-we had 8 corners the same number of chances and took none...[/quote]

I agree that the plan nearly got you a draw, however, I still think that the Arsenal game was one you needed to win. I guess we will all know a bit more after this weekends matches.Good luck for the rest of the season (although not at our expense of course).