Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Shane Long

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench
[/quote]

He wouldn''t sit on the bench. He''d be my first choice! He scores goals, works hard as well as being a poacher, and knows the Prem!! I think RVW needs to be pushed more. There isn''t anyone fighting him for his place currently!

[/quote]

16 in 66 for WBA and why would we want someone else''s cast-off?

[/quote]

Webbo, if you read back on this thread there are very few that see this guy as a cast off! He scored 11 goals last season, and was over shadowed by Lukaku. 19 goals in 70 appearances for West Brom at about just over a 1 in 3 strike rate, he is hardly a cast off. Ricky got what 14 goals last season, in the Portuguese League with 30 odd games. 

The Prem is easily the better more competitive league. I think you should do some research before making out he wouldn''t at least be good for our squad!

[/quote]

In two years he has scored 16 Premier league goals at the rate of one goal every 4.125 games. I am not concerned about three goals in three games against inferior opposition in the cups. Why would I want to read back on this thread to see what other people think. I have my own view on the player - small, reasonably quick, works hard but is not prolific in the goalscoring stakes. And as for doing some research, the last thing I want and need is partronising advice from someone like you. His current Club are quite clearly content to offload him.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench
[/quote]

He wouldn''t sit on the bench. He''d be my first choice! He scores goals, works hard as well as being a poacher, and knows the Prem!! I think RVW needs to be pushed more. There isn''t anyone fighting him for his place currently!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Webbo, if you read back on this thread there are very few that see this guy as a cast off! He scored 11 goals last season, and was over shadowed by Lukaku. 19 goals in 70 appearances for West Brom at about just over a 1 in 3 strike rate, he is hardly a cast off. Ricky got what 14 goals last season, in the Portuguese League with 30 odd games. 

The Prem is easily the better more competitive league. I think you should do some research before making out he wouldn''t at least be good for our squad!

[/quote]

I think if you do the research and the "maffs", it is nearer a 1 in 4 strike rate.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In two years he has scored 16 Premier league goals at the rate of one goal every 4.125 games. I am not concerned about three goals in three games against inferior opposition in the cups. Why would I want to read back on this thread to see what other people think. I have my own view on the player - small, reasonably quick, works hard but is not prolific in the goalscoring stakes. And as for doing some research, the last thing I want and need is partronising advice from someone like you. His current Club are quite clearly content to offload him.

[/quote]
What does that mean? Someone like me? It wasn''t intended to be patronising, it was a fact. You clearly see that he isn''t a great goal scorer, fair enough. But he is barely any worse than RVW whose record on 28 in the last 2 seasons played in a poorer league is hardly significantly better. And what of the opposition, like the SPL and Portuguese league are any better than say the championship. They then have both scored against similar opposition, and I''ll bet Long''s goals on average are against better teams than Ricky''s. 
I didn''t intend to say you needed to adopt others opinions. Just that I am not alone in liking him, but yet you have singled me out. why? Because i tried to at least back up my point rather than just blindly saying it. Even if it is 1 in 4, why single one person out amongst a group?
You and many others need to stop your antagonistic behaviour. I don''t berate others for points they make. Try a constructive reply, with a little more tact and a dash of politeness. You never know it may stop fuelling the need to argue. And don''t pretend you know what WBA want to do pfffffttttt please.

Ah yes, the prolific Shane Long. 21 Premier League goals in 116 games for Reading and WBA.

Loves to score against Norwich, hence why he is so highly rated by the Norwich faithful. Had a cracking year in The Championship a few years back, the only year he''s ever hit double figures in a League campaign, but that''s the Championship...

Now if only he was Dutch, I''m sure the Holland national boss would haven given him at least 2 caps by now ;)

Indeed, he is not better than what we currently have. Would make a worthy addition to our squad, but he would get a starting role at Hull, whereas he''d probably warm the bench here, so who''s to say he''d join us anyway? (That''s if the Hull deal hasn''t collapsed).

West Brom were willing to sell Shane Long (even though they haven''t even scored a goal yet)Presuming they got a replacement inHardly screams "prolific goalscorer" does it !

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What does that mean? Someone like me? It wasn''t intended to be patronising, it was a fact. You clearly see that he isn''t a great goal scorer, fair enough. But he is barely any worse than RVW whose record on 28 in the last 2 seasons played in a poorer league is hardly significantly better. And what of the opposition, like the SPL and Portuguese league are any better than say the championship. They then have both scored against similar opposition, and I''ll bet Long''s goals on average are against better teams than Ricky''s. 

I didn''t intend to say you needed to adopt others opinions. Just that I am not alone in liking him, but yet you have singled me out. why? Because i tried to at least back up my point rather than just blindly saying it. Even if it is 1 in 4, why single one person out amongst a group?

You and many others need to stop your antagonistic behaviour. I don''t berate others for points they make. Try a constructive reply, with a little more tact and a dash of politeness. You never know it may stop fuelling the need to argue. And don''t pretend you know what WBA want to do pfffffttttt please.

[/quote]

I merely responded to your somewhat aggressive manner. And it really is a bit rich for you to lecture others on tact and politeness. Just try reading some of the things you have posted.