Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Javier Garrido

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.Very similar.........[/quote]
Well why don''t you name the poster? 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.Very similar.........[/quote]
Well why don''t you name the poster?[/quote]No problem. You have a very similar posting style to smudger. I am not saying you are the same person, just similar.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]

His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.

Very similar.........
[/quote]

Well why don''t you name the poster?[/quote]

No problem. You have a very similar posting style to smudger. I am not saying you are the same person, just similar.

[/quote]

And he told me he was Le Juge! You''re not Smudger are you? I have met Smudger (at Wigan, two seasons ago). He thought Ruddy was useless and would never make a goalkeeper. Level 10 my a***

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"]

I have already been accused elsewhere of being antagonistic elsewhere, so here goes. [/quote]

Not by me you haven''t? You haven''t antagonised me. 

[quote] Why am I not surprised to see you and the word "backwards" so closely linked? It seems perfectly sensible to me to have two good left backs, competing for the position, and one who is able to play in midfield. [/quote]

Taken out of context. This is the bit that I thought seemed backwards: "So we gave Lazio and Garrido the option of him signing for us, rather than them giving us the option to sign him?". That Lazio had the option to sell him to us, rather than us having the option to buy him. With the Kei Kamara deal we had the option to buy Kei, not vice versa. This smacks of the club feeling stung by Naughton (basically doubling his value and pricing us out of a move). 

[quote] Why on earth would one be "surplus to requirements?".[/quote]

Well why was Marc Tierney "surplus to requirements"?

[/quote]

I am not sure of your footballing history or whether you have ever been involved with the game at any level but let me try to make a positive contribution to your education. Teams and squads are built over time and are constantly evolving. The Manager that stands still and feels he has got all he wants in his squad will only go one way - backwards. Competition is key and having two players fighting for each position is the minimum requirement. Players will always be moving. In the Manager''s eyes some will lose form and fitness, others will improve. It is forever a changing picture. Every supporter will have his favourite player(s) but it achives little by rubbishing players at the Club or those who have served the Club in the past. There are far too many people on this Forum who present their own dogmatic, boss-eyed views of things as facts.They are not and I get the impression that these people have never actually been within a million miles of actually kicking a football in anger. On the other hand, there are a number of contributors who make sensible, reasoned arguments and illustrate that they have had experience of the game. They know who they are.

[/quote]

So basically you are a superior armchair manager because you are one of the tens of thousands of kids who had a couple of trials and played a few senior games at step ten.  

Love it when people bring up ''experience''. Go on then.... show me your wikipedia entry and I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game. 

[/quote]

Are you confirming what I suspected? That you have never actually had involvement with the game at any level? A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. As a matter of interest, do you know what step 10 is? Don''t reply in a hurry. It will give you time to do the research. 

[/quote]

I would think that about 90% of the able bodied men in this country have been involved in the game at "any level". I refuse to answer such a stupid question. 

Yes Level 10 is the Eastern Counties League Division One (second tier), home to such prestigious teams as Dereham Town Reserves. I assume that I got your level about right?  

[/quote]

You have suddenly changed from STEP 10 to LEVEL 10. Are you aware of the difference or was it a case of you not reading the book properly when you took the chance to look it up. I notice your comment about refusing to answer a stupid question. You have, in fact, with that comment., answered it just perfectly.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I didn''t say you were Mourinho, just patronising.[/quote]

I love the way that somebody can start a conversation with:

"I am not sure of your footballing history or whether you have ever been involved with the game at any level but let me try to make a positive contribution to your education", and I get called the patronising and pompous one. 

My replies were very much a reciprocation of his tone. 

[/quote]

At least I achieved something then. Proved there is at least a little bit between your ears.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.Very similar.........[/quote]
Well why don''t you name the poster?[/quote]No problem. You have a very similar posting style to smudger. I am not saying you are the same person, just similar.
[/quote]
Well I''m not Smudger. I do know who he is, but I don''t threaten to kick peoples heads in every five minutes and swear in every other post. I''m sure you can at least acknowledge that major difference. 

This is pretty simple to grasp really.

At least two quality players to cover each position on the pitch.

Not one qulaity player per position. The success of a team is often dependent upon the qulaity of the squad, not just the first choice eleven.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]

His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.

Very similar.........
[/quote]

No problem. You have a very similar posting style to smudger. I am not saying you are the same person, just similar.
[/quote]

Well I''m not Smudger. I do know who he is, but I don''t threaten to kick peoples heads in every five minutes and swear in every other post. I''m sure you can at least acknowledge that major difference. 

[/quote]

The other major difference is that you have achieved what I considered to be impossible - you talk even more rubbish than him!

[quote user="Webbo118"]Le Juge[/quote]
Do you want a medal for that one Webbo118? It was only in my forum signature for four weeks. 

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.Very similar.........[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The other major difference is that you have achieved what I considered to be impossible - you talk even more rubbish than him!

[/quote]
You had better stop posting Webbo118, I heard that Barcelona are looking for a new coach. 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]

You are forgetting Yankee Canary, aka. The Pompous One.[/quote]

I don''t think you will find many agreeing with your views there........

.....no more than many will agree with your views on Delia.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]

Very similar.........
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You had better stop posting Webbo118, I heard that Barcelona are looking for a new coach. 

[/quote]

Are you sure clever boy? I think you might have heard wrong!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]His style is very similar to a banned poster who used to forcefully tell us that Anthony McNamee was the next best thing and Wes Hoolahan was crap.Very similar.........[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I''d have thought that with your extensive knowledge of the football industry Webbo118 you''d have known that Barcelona employ dozens, probably hundreds of coaches? 
It doesn''t matter, I am happy to use the extensive knowledge that I learnt from my Cambridge United trial in 1994 to educate you a little. We all have to learn somehow, would you like me to explain why a team like Barcelona would require lots of coaches instead of just one Webbo118? I can draw you some pretty pictures if you like? 

[quote user="The New Boy"]Well I''m not Smudger. I do know who he is, but I don''t threaten to kick peoples heads in every five minutes and swear in every other post. I''m sure you can at least acknowledge that major difference.[/quote]Taken from another thead.....[quote user="The New Boy"]Yeah on  you illiterate mongoloid. [/quote]Well, it''s not swearing I grant you but............it''s worse.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"]Well I''m not Smudger. I do know who he is, but I don''t threaten to kick peoples heads in every five minutes and swear in every other post. I''m sure you can at least acknowledge that major difference.[/quote]Taken from another thead.....[quote user="The New Boy"]Yeah on  you illiterate mongoloid. [/quote]Well, it''s not swearing I grant you but............it''s worse.[/quote]
It was apt.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

You are forgetting Yankee Canary, aka. The Pompous One.

[/quote]

pot kettle black photo: Pot, Kettle, Black pot-kettle.jpg

[quote user="The New Boy"]

I am happy to use the extensive knowledge that I learnt from my Cambridge United trial in 1994 to educate you a little.

[/quote]

This I must hear. [:D]

I''ve just discovered stats from last season show Garrido was the most effective crosser in the league last season. nice.

Well on my Footy Manager file with both (yes, i know...) They both came in handy. Olsson spent a lot of time playing left wing/ left mid with garrido left back and on them home games vs weaker opposition, Olsson came in at left back with pilks or someone on the left. Garrido is the defensive left back, Olsson is the attacking left back.

I had a nice little system going in which they swapped roles throughout the game. Something i''ve successfully done before with my mate at grassroots level. I had more strength, discipline and height, my mate had pace and skill both had a decent left footed cross and so i was primarily left back, him left mid, but at various times of the game, depending on tiredness, we could alternate and provide a constant threat down the wing.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]For patronising pomposity New Boy, you are in a class of your own.[/quote]

Very similar.........
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d have thought that with your extensive knowledge of the football industry Webbo118 you''d have known that Barcelona employ dozens, probably hundreds of coaches? 

It doesn''t matter, I am happy to use the extensive knowledge that I learnt from my Cambridge United trial in 1994 to educate you a little. We all have to learn somehow, would you like me to explain why a team like Barcelona would require lots of coaches instead of just one Webbo118? I can draw you some pretty pictures if you like? 

[/quote]

There are no coaching vacancies at Barcelona; I have checked. There are not even any vacancies for coaches in their kindergarten although they do have one space for a new member. I''ve put you down for it. You''ll be able to draw some lovely pictures. Be careful not to get too much paint on those little hands.