Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Your 'out of 10 rating' for Hughton.

[quote user=" Badger"]7 for me.

Always going to be a very difficult job succeeding a a manager who had so much success and probably got players to over-achieve for him. At some stage the euphoria was going to die down and players'' form become more "patchy." I''m pretty sure this was part of Lambert''s calculation.

Hughton has bought well and has organised the team very well defensively but clearly we lack creativity. My hope/ belief is that he is following a "build from the back strategy" - hopefully next year we will see more progress as we move to establish ourselves in the premier division.

Two further points, I think many have under-estimated the challenge represented in staying in the division - just because we survived the first year doesn''t mean that we were in any way "established," nor will we be next year. Secondly, I am pretty sure that Hughton was desperate for a striker in both August and especially January and he has been let down a little here.[/quote]

That sounds like a good analysis to me Badger. His job this season has been the hardest in his career and it looks as if he has succeeded. He is not the finished article, you have to learn your trade as a manager just as you do with any other job, I am confident he is a clever guy and will have learned from his experience this season. Why some posters seem to think that next season will be a repeat of this is beyond me. There will be a good transfer pot and he has already shown his ability to sign very good players, there are many more to come and we should be optimistic about next season.I will enjoy seeing how his management style grows and develops over the coming seasons.

6 for me, to date but the bottom line is staying up. It was always going to be hard but most of us expected to. It will have gone to the wire . If all goes well and we survive then he will need an active summer and he will be backed I have no doubt about that.  The jury is out for most fans so he needs a half decent start on the run up to Christmas or he could be under serious pressure ahead of the January window

His rating at the year end could vary wildly based on just a single point, either gained or not gained. Which is not exactly fair.
Its a better call to rate him now - so those on the fence jump.
For me its a 5. He has almost got us to the line, but really given where we were just before Xmas he should have got us over the line by now. Still plenty of room for improvement.
I hope for better next season and he will also lose my support if it continues to be drab fare.