Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

OT - Short Term Thinking or Simple Common Sense

Hi Guys,My new article is now up and available for those who want to have a read, detailing the modern day prevalance for removing managers at short notice.[url]http://www.indybonestruth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/short-term-thinking-or-simple-common.html[/url]I''m more than happy to receive any constructive feedback on the piece.CheersIndy.

Excellent article, Indy. Well written and well thought out, especially with the recent relegation battle for us and others still resonating. Well done, you.

Good read, Indy. I think sacking Mancini will come back to bite them next season unless their new manager is a decent step up - with Fergie leaving and sweeping changes set to take place at United I think it would have been a perfect chance for City to stick with their manager and go at it again. We''ll see, but I think the media is something fueling this conveyor belt of managers as well - the constant pressure to adhere to what is expected, and the expectation is patently obvious. Hopefully the onus will be on United to stick with Moyes even if things don''t hit it off straight away, I''d lose all faith in football if United join the band wagon. Still, keep it up a bit longer until we have Klopp and Guardiola in the prem!

In Man City''s case, I actually think they''ve done the right thing here.There are clearly problems behind the scenes (as well as the obvious ones that weren''t such as Tevez), they''ve looked very average at times this season despite having the most expensive side and biggest wages and Mancini is at the heart of it all even if it''s unfair to place sole responsiblity on his shoulders.What will be interesting is who actually comes in and what their brief will be. Pellegrini is the hot tip (and if they want him, they''ll get him), but will we see more of a youth focus, or will it be same-old/same-old again?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Hi Guys,My new article is now up and available for those who want to have a read, detailing the modern day prevalance for removing managers at short notice.[url]http://www.indybonestruth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/short-term-thinking-or-simple-common.html[/url]I''m more than happy to receive any constructive feedback on the piece.CheersIndy.[/quote]

Yet you wanted Hughton to get the chop...

Great article though!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Yet you wanted Hughton to get the chop...[/quote]Yes, because as I mention in the article, I think Hughton this season as a manager has fallen into the category of taking over a good team and making them look worse with no real sign of improvement.I''m absolutely not claiming it was a ''world class'' side that he took over, but we were decent and had strengthened further in the summer as well, and I expected better football than I''ve seen this season, even if results have been good enough for safety.[quote]Great article though![/quote]Thank you, appreciate it [y]