Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Devil's Advocate

Let''s say we only won twice and achieved just 12 points from our first 18 games of the season, do you think Hughton would still be in a job?I''m not sure but I think this would have had us in the bottom 3 with only QPR (10 points) and Reading (9 points) below us.....

I''m pretty sure it has been made clear that hughton was appointed to stay whether we went down by christmas or stayed up.

so saying that. if the team only got 12 points from the first 18, and then went on to finish with 40+ points by the end of the season, people would love him right now and not be so idiotic.

If this if that if the other........What if our 10 game unbeaten run which yielded 19 points had been at the start of the season we would probably have been sitting in a Champions league spot back then.

[:|]

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]if the team only got 12 points from the first 18, and then went on to finish with 40+ points by the end of the season, people would love him right now and not be so idiotic.[/quote]Not by playing the bloody dire football we have for a large chunk of the season they wouldn''t...

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]did you read the OP, IB?

if one thing can happen, then why not the other?

the simple matter is we ARE 6 points above the drop.

despite what some people on this forum wish for.[/quote]Yes, I''ve read the OP, and all the other posts that followed it.The truth is that whichever way round you shuffle the results, we''d still be on the same points (obviously), and we''d still be playing the same dire football that we have done for most of the season, so in truth the order of the results is a moot point, but the dire football is a constant...