Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Jeff Hendrick?

I think it''s been well documented that we need a midfielder who can do a bit of everything. So what about Jeff Hendrick? A Derby supporting mate of mine reckons he''s been their POTS and given he''s only 21, he''s only going to improve!

We were linked with him last summer as well

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/249222Norwich-prepare-2m-bid-for-Derby-midfielder-Jeff-HendrickNorwich-prepare-2m-bid-for-Derby-midfielder-Jeff-Hendrick

No, this is not the window for young talent who have played well for one season.

We need proven players who are playing at a high level right now that are experienced for a few years who can improve to the level that spurs, arsenal would be looking at.

Rvw is by far and away the best player we have on our books. We will get the best out of him, but there will be interested from bigger clubs. That is what we want in players. Howson the two Bennett and pilky are projects that would be like Hendricks. This is not the window for those type of players. I agree there is an opportune time but with butterfield and so many young players we have enough right now. Lets get quality.

I''m with Smooth on this one.If we wanted to risk a promising midfielder in the role, why wouldn''t we simply play Butterfield rather than going out and signing a totally new player?We need proven quality, and as prices in the UK are likely to be their usual over-inflated best, we probably need to move into Europe to get this. There are a number of players in Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland that would be a good fit at a sensible price, and this is surely where the focus must be placed.

Sounds a good signing if we can make it! (Even better if we Derby sign C. Martin.)  Hendrick may not be ready to step into the first team immediately, but he is one for the future. If he has been a regular in a Championship side at the age of 21, he should not have long to wait. (I can''t see any of our other midfield prospects - Smith, Adeyemi having as much potential.)

Swap deal for Chrissy Martin? I went to see Derby play at Pride Park vs Wolves actually earlier in the season and the kid did ok. Didn''t stand out though, but you can''t judge a player on one game alone.

Possibly one for the future, but if we signed him it''d be another Butterfield scenario. I think we should be looking at bigger names now we''ve preparing for a third consecutive season in the Prem

[quote user="Salopian"]If he has been a regular in a Championship side at the age of 21, he should not have long to wait. (I can''t see any of our other midfield prospects - Smith, Adeyemi having as much potential.)[/quote]And as I pointed out earlier - what about Butterfield?Arguably had a better season at Barnsley before signing for us, than Hendrick has had this year at Derby, and also appears to be more two footed which is a real advantage in the modern game.Maybe if there is a swap deal with C.Martin on the table it''s worth a look, but he''d surely have to be behind 2-3 players minimum for a place, and I don''t see how that is going to help him develop at all - unless we intend to loan him straight back out?

I don''t think a swap deal would in all honesty be on the cards as Chrissy is out of contract in the summer, so would move as a free agent in his own right

as indy has said - we have several of those talented yet unproven / unsuccessful ex champs types waiting to fulfill their talent and its a reason why we have struggled.

If its going to be anyone one from the champs it should be will hughes also from Derby - who has the potential to be truly outstanding and already has nearly a full season at just 18.