Sign in to follow this  
djc

Last chance saloon.

Last chance saloon for some today, and they blew it!

A poor poor performance today. Unacceptable.

For me, today is up there alongside the 7-1 Colchester defeat as a defining result and moment in our history.

Jackson, Barnett, Surman - simply not good enough.

The team lacked desire to win.

Kane and Jackson cannot play together. Kane twisted and

turned himself inside out more times than a drunken woman round her handbag on the dancefloor at ritzys; Jackson showed again he is not good enough, simples! His one shot on goal was first half, a tame effort saved well, but top premier league strikers would have buried that chance.

As for the back four... Martin and Barnett kept hitting aimless long passes first half which were never gonna trouble Luton. Barnett in the air won many fine headers, but in the floor looks so uncomfortable and indecisive, a supporter near me shouted Barnett resembled a constuction site portaloo.

Howson runs sideways, and ended up passing nearly always to Barnett. For all our posession today, we produced next to nothing to shout about.

Holt offered glimses of hope in the second half, his header was excellently saved by the Luton keeper, and how Hoolihan missed from 6yrds i''ll never know...

Today, for me, showed we havent got enough quality. We lack reinforcements to cover for Bassong and Turner, we lack anyone of quality up front to help/cover Holt.

Hughton, you have until the end of the January transfer window to show what you are worth! The squad we have just is not good enough.

As for Luton, congratulations. I just hope they dont get beat next round by someone crappy.....

They gave f#ck all..

And i paid my cash to watch that sh!te , so i''ll fault how they played.

You forgot Ryan Bennett , he puts the fear of God into me , i was told we paid 2.5 million for him,.... cannot be true , is it? Hoof , hope and panic, thats our defence The plus side of all this rubbish is that the season ticket waiting list will not exceed supply, for the first time in years ! No need for ground expansion with this s**t on offer week in, week out.

[quote user="sloleyfarger"]You forgot Ryan Bennett , he puts the fear of God into me , i was told we paid 2.5 million for him,.... cannot be true , is it? Hoof , hope and panic, thats our defence The plus side of all this rubbish is that the season ticket waiting list will not exceed supply, for the first time in years ! No need for ground expansion with this s**t on offer week in, week out.[/quote]
£3million, and that''s without taking into account all the other stuff I believe. [;)]

I''m not really sure why Surman is getting lumped in, he''s been out for 3 months and this was his first 60 mins of competitive football, I actually thought he was one of the few who actually played ok, not considering that fact.

^^ Surman ^ No! No ! No! ^^

First half, kept getting ball stuck between his feet, and not able to get beyond anyone. His tempo is slow, he needs to either up his game level or get off at the next stop.

I think that Surman did pretty well considering it was his first game since September. Sure he made mistakes and his touch was a heavy at times but he still showed the occasional flash of technical excellence I associate with him. There were times in the second half (when he moved to the right) that the ball seemed glued to his feet and no one could get the ball of him! You also have to appreciate his movement. Our 4-4-2 was far too rigid, neither Fox nor Howson offered much vertical movement and (E) Bennett spent too much time not getting involved in the game (granted we barely passed to him...) Surman was the only one offering something different. I advise watching the runs Surman makes off the ball. How he pops up in areas you don''t expect a left midfielder to. I think he''d actually play quite well in a central role alongside a more ''all-action'' midfielder such as Tettey.