Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Darel Russell

Strange one that, was on trial with us (Stevenage) during summer impressed but went to Portsmouth instead

Reckon ill see him back here before long

Ah that explains why you live in Knebworth! I grew up 7 miles away and still remember clearly hearing Led Zep on the wind playing Kenbworth on a hot summers day in 1979. Also remember playing around on the semi derelict Broadhall Way ground in the late 70''s before the previously defucnt Stevenage were resurected in the 80''s. What do you do for them if you are allowed to say?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Ah that explains why you live in Knebworth!

I grew up 7 miles away and still remember clearly hearing Led Zep on the wind playing Knebworth on a hot summers day in 1979. Also remember playing around on the semi derelict Broadhall Way ground in the late 70''s before the previously defucnt Stevenage were resurected in the 80''s. What do you do for them if you are allowed to say?
[/quote]

What a teenage memory - I was at that concert!

NM,It was bloody loud 7 miles away, god knows what it must have been like near the stage. Although I was only 13 at the time, I wish I had been there too.

Of course, I''m assistant manager at the academy/training ground facility, my job is admin and marketing based

It''s great to be involved with football on a daily basis but im still firmly a Norwich fan.

So whereabouts was it you used to live? I haven''t witnessed a gig yet we were away when the red hot chilli peppers were there and sonisphere was cancelled this year

I was there both Saturday nights for Led Zep, first night had to wait for fans to pull down fence to get in, second night the organizers pulled down the perimeter fence.  Terrific concert even more so when its Freeman''s.

Stones in ''76'' which started at 11.00 and went on for 3 hours was even better, that seriously pissed off the locals, LZ finished by 11.00.