Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Going down fighting?

Don''t post often but really fed up tonight. Not convinced Lambert would have kept us up - but at least we had a go. Hughton has made us no better defensively but we are awful to watch.

The midfield looks poor, but we have no movement or pace in the oppositions half to play a ball to feet or for someone to run on to. Even if it was effective, it is still poor football to watch.

Did Hughton learn nothing from the drubbing at Carrrow Road? If we sign a striker will we create chances? Bunn instead of Rudd - really - a second choice championship keeper over a developing, young, local international?

Is Howson poor, or put in a team with no forward runners to utilise?

Hughton appears a nice enough bloke but I want a better, more attacking style of football. I have never been convinced his negative outlook has been suited to Norwich, and he has created a team that is incapable of scoring or defending.

Thanks for the measured response - hope you are right. I''d be happier with a new signing or two. Not convinced we will get Hooper or Graham so I hope we have other options as well.

[quote user="baldyboy"]given time he will get it right? Just how long should he be given?[/quote]
Well seeing as he got it right for about 10 games, at least that long!

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="baldyboy"]given time he will get it right? Just how long should he be given?[/quote]
Well seeing as he got it right for about 10 games, at least that long!
[/quote]
Guess I should clarify. 
If going on a ten game unbeaten run is not ''getting it right'' then what the hell is!?

Howson, with all his ability on the ball. He dont appear to have the workrate of Wes.

Without Bassong you would say there is no natural organiser in the back4, added with Bunn in goal who don''t apper to command his area like Ruddy.

Where as I don''t think any particular area is a major problem, coupled together it''s made the last couple of weeks look very poor.

Nevertheless, however bad our run has been... after our last win we was 10pts clear of the drop. 1 point in 6 games, we are now 7pts ahead, and apart from Newcastle at home, there hasn''t been one game we would have been favourities.

Fight is an interesting phrase today.

I don''t like to criticise a generalised period, because at times this season we have shown ''fight''. You don''t go on a run like we did in this division if you don''t fight.

However, today ''fight'' is almost what was missing. Liverpool players seemed to be up for every challenge, they hit us as soon as we got the ball, challenged for the first ball and usually won the second. We, on the other hand, gave them space, looked limp and didn''t seem like we were up for the physical side of the game.

I''ll put it down as a bad day at the office, but given that we haven''t got as much quality as most (perhaps 14 or so) sides in this division, we can''t afford not to be fighting for every ball.