Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Hooper Scores

21 for the season now I think. Apparently AVB is watching, so he''ll be suitably impressed. Damn.

[quote user="Stig"]21 for the season now I think. Apparently AVB is watching, so he''ll be suitably impressed. Damn.[/quote]It was a 3-yard tap-in though he''s playing well and working hard tonight. Does not look like a guy who has chucked it, though he is a good pro.

[quote user="alartz"]Have u seen what garbage they are playing??

Good defending then 3 yard tap in?[/quote]Have a little respect for other clubs mate, there are plenty out there who''d have a pop at Norwich given the chance.

its half time and dundee have not had a shot on target so looks there are garbage

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]Have u seen what garbage they are playing??

Good defending then 3 yard tap in?[/quote]Have a little respect for other clubs mate, there are plenty out there who''d have a pop at Norwich given the chance.[/quote]

[quote user="city4eva"]

its half time and dundee have not had a shot on target so looks there are garbage

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="alartz"]Have u seen what garbage they are playing??

Good defending then 3 yard tap in?[/quote]Have a little respect for other clubs mate, there are plenty out there who''d have a pop at Norwich given the chance.[/quote]

[/quote]They''re also away at a Champions League team that got 10 points in a group containing Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. It''s tough for the other SPL clubs. The stick they get for not being magnificent while making sweet f.a. is a bit ridiculous. Just because you lot get £40m from Rupert Murdoch just for turning up doesn''t mean other clubs are of the same standard.

Some people forget just how close we came to doing a Rangers 4 years ago, and the garbage that we served up in the 5 years previous. We''re only just now getting ourselves debt free.

Still, that being said, from a buying clubs point of view, the standard of opposition is relevant when assessing a players performance. Especially when we''re talking about the sums of money being banded about for Hooper. Keep in mind our club record signing is £3.5m + add ons.

[quote user="alartz"]Barcelona yes the other two teams?? Same level same sort of league set up as the spl.

The Barcelona result was a 1 in a 100 result[/quote]Ok, I was gone but then I saw this. Are you serious?Really?Benfica and Spartak Moscow are the same level as the SPL?Benfica who were in the quarter finals of the Champions League last season?Spartak Moscow who have spent millions on players?Jesus. Have a look at football outside the EPL, mate. Your view is depressing. And with that, I am gone. So long!

[quote user="IrishCelt67"]They''re also away at a Champions League team that got 10 points in a group containing Barcelona, Benfica and Spartak Moscow. It''s tough for the other SPL clubs. The stick they get for not being magnificent while making sweet f.a. is a bit ridiculous. Just because you lot get £40m from Rupert Murdoch just for turning up doesn''t mean other clubs are of the same standard.[/quote]
I thought you were alright to start with, but now you''re getting on my tits.
You keep harping on about being a Champs League team. Yeah, you are, but when you''re the only team in the league that has any semblance of quality, it''s really not that hard to qualify is it? I''m sure if Norwich were in the SPL we''d be playing Champs League football too.
Talk about Murdoch chucking money at us just for turning up, yet all you''ve been chatting about all day is getting 20mill just for CL qualification. Again, when you''re the only team in the league who can afford to spend anything and build a half decent team, doesn''t that mean UEFA are basically chucking money at you as well? 
No-one was giving the other SPL teams stick, you don''t seem to realise that we''re watching Prem football every week, so of course SPL teams outside of Celtic look like garbage, because they''re not even up to the standards of the worst Prem teams.
You''ve had a good run in the Champs League, no-one denies that, but Juventus will knock you out and that will be that. Or you''ll get lucky and somehow fluke it through. You go on about the Barca result like you outplayed them, but in reality you parked the bus and nicked the result. Brilliant, but that doesn''t make you some sort of footballing demi-gods. Bradford have had a great run in the Cap One cup. They''re looking likely to make the final as it stands. Does that mean they are one of the giants of English football? No, they''ve had a good run and the rub of the green. Same way as being in the final few rounds of the Champs League doesn''t make you a big European team.
You''re a well supported club in a tinpot league, on a good CL run. End of story. At Celtic Hooper plays against decent players about 6 times a season depending on how far you get in the CL. At Norwich he''d play them week in, week out. Yeah we''re not going to win any trophies, but then 12th in the Prem is harder than winning the SPL. Seriously, you''ve had a decent season in Europe so far, and you have a well-supported club, but outside of that there is sweet FA else going for Celtic so stop going on like you''re the fooking Harlem Globetrotters of the footballing world.