Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Bizarre substitutions from Hughton, yet again!!

[quote user="Salopian"] 

I like Morison, but I have to ask whether he is really premiership quality.

[/quote]
Last season he scored as many goals as Nikica Jelavic, Gareth Bale, Darren Bent and Danny Welbeck. So in my opinion, yes.

[quote user="Alex "]Nexus - no surprise you''re moaning about Stevie M - your life revolves slagging off the geezer that stuck the ball in the net tonight TWICE. However, we all know you''d never slag him off to his face, would you?. Knob Baldyboy - heard enough from you, you bellend - you''re an Ipshite tw@, and I claim my 10 squid... Knobheads.[/quote]

Wow! Such personal abuse is toatally uncalled for, sure disagree witht hem  if you want to but really tehre''s no need to stoop to that kind of level.

On your point of Moro is ok however he only scored one goal and missed others. Sure he put the ball in the net twice but the 2nd one was offside so it doesn''t exactly make your argument a strong one.

Davo

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="Salopian"] 

I like Morison, but I have to ask whether he is really premiership quality.

[/quote]

Last season he scored as many goals as Nikica Jelavic, Gareth Bale, Darren Bent and Danny Welbeck. So in my opinion, yes.

[/quote]

Jelavic only joined Everton in January. Bent was injured for a long period. Gareth Bale is a winger. Wellbeck is, ok you have me there but you really should pick better players to compare Moro to. How about Graham, Holt or Long? That comparison wouldn''t do your argument any good though would it.

Davo

If you score 10 goals in all competitions in a Premier League season, you''re good enough to play in that league. So yeah, my argument is fine.
But as an FYI:
Shane Long scored 8 in the league (1 less than Morison)
Holt is in the same team, so irrelevant.
Graham scored 12 (3 more than Morison)

I disagree with the people saying we missed our chances and Villa scored theirs. Villa had far more good chances than us.

Villa outplayed us, Villa were a typical Lambert team, had plenty of chances, and gave away chances.

As for Norwich, defensively, without a decent partner for Bassong, with Garrido, Whittaker, Ruddy and Tettey not starting, we are very weak, very much like last seasons leaky defense.

As for Hughton, his inability to make a substitution is a big concern. Perhaps we have been lucky for three years with Lambert''s excellent use of substitutes. Lambert made use of the squad and we as a team benefited. Hughton''s lack of desire to use subs has left the rest of the squad lacking match practice and sharpness.

If you are outside the first XI, don''t expect to play anytime soon.

Alex, why am I a bellend? because I have an opinion, if you dont like what i write dont read it, as for the name calling grow up little boy!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Henry"]Morison seemed to be struggling with a knock. Indicated to bench and was subbed. Can''t blame Hughton for that one buddy.[/quote]

Indeed he did.

But let''s go back to the comment about Holt who was easily our most influential forward player. The chances were always going to fall to Morison and he missed two gilt edged ones.

The opening post is indeed bizarre..

[/quote]

At least he got into positions to miss and was having a good go to score.