Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Quote.....

[quote user="Twitchy"]Forgive my tumbleweed dumbass but meaning................?[/quote]

Meaning there''s been quite a few people on here going on about reaching 40 points recently, as if its the holy grail.   But from the Hughton''s mouth we get authoratitive  advice - that there is no target amount of points.    The aim is to get as many points as possible.  

Well, hang on a minute.Our target is to finish as high up the league as possible.  Nobody has disputed that.By reaching 40 points, however, we can consider our club "safe from relegation" which is almost critical for the financial security of our club given the extra millions on offer for surviving the drop.In that sense, staying up IS the Holy Grail - whether we stay up in 12th place or that coveted 17th place.So while there is no target number of points, avoiding relegation is surely everyone''s #1 target?

Technically you could argue he''s saying his target is 50 points as he says "it''s about producing what we have in the first half of the season"... Which is 25 points. Wink wink!

I agree with the logic. It''s easy to focus on 40 points and then let things slip. Survival is ok, but City should get as many points as possible. We don''t want to be merely hanging on forever! OTBC!

We all know what the target is because Alan Bowkett told us at the AGM, "Chris has been told in no uncertain terms that we must stay in the Premier League this season".40 points is often quoted as the target to achieve safety but it could be anything between 34 and 42 if you look at the history. Personally I think 36 points will be more than enough this season but in any event I think we will comfortably exceed that total.No manager is going to tell you what his points target is but I expect Hughton will feel a sense of relief when the 40 point mark is reached.