Sign in to follow this  
Mahogany

Waris Majeed

Just saw this: http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/norwich-city-planning-to-hand-striker-waris-on-trials/?

English Premier League side Norwich City are planning to hand Ghana striker Abdul Majeed Waris a two-week trial before shipping the Hacken hot-shot to the Carrow Road in January.

The Canaries want to improve their strikeforce in the January transfer window and have earmarked the 21-year-old who has netted 20 times in all competition for BK Hacken in Sweden.

Norwich manager Chris Hughton wants to further assess the qualities of the striker who has three Ghana caps at the Colney Training Centre before handing him a deal.

Several stellar European clubs including Hamburg SV and Everton have been following the exploits of the former Right to Dream Academy graduate and Norwich could face stiffer competition to land him.

Hacken reportedly rejected offers from Catania and Saint Etienne before the transfer window closed in the last day of August.

No idea how credible the source is. According to Wikipedia he plays in the top Sweden and has scored 20 in 46. He''s short, only 5 ft 8. That'' all I''ve found out. anyone know any more?

I actually saw this guy last monday when he played here in Gävle. He scored a screamer from some 30-35 meters (dont really know how many yards that is).He is currently the leading scorer in the top div in Sweden with 17 goals in 23 games I think...Found the goal I mentioned here:http://www.bkhacken.se/2012/09/20/htv-med-highlights-fran-gefle/

Clearly speculation and probably of no substance but it''s still interesting to look at lesser known players doing well. He''s obviously got an eye for goal, some very tidy finishing, but it''s hard to make a judgement when the defending is so woefully bad. Total gamble, if it were true.

We may need to gamble in January and if the price is right then why not. He''s only playing in Sweden so I doubt he''ll cost shedloads. Couple of million with add-ons will do.

Yes, yes, I know it''s in Sweden so not the best level, but just look at his goals and his play and movement.

Yes, yes, it''s a youtube video, but from that it looks like he constantly wants the ball, the guy has pace, he''ll drop deep, lay the ball off then immediately look for the return, run into space, between the defenders etc, I can imagine Wes threading the balls for this guy to run on to.