Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Non-Committal Maxi-League Half-Season Thread

Taking into account all the fixtures and assuming we would need to be over 20 points over the first half of the season - how about this scenario. Arsenal H                0A Villa   A               0Stoke H                  3Reading A               1MU     H                 0Everton   A              0Southampton A        3Sunderland   H         3Swansea       A         1Wigan           H         3W. Brom      A          1Chelsea         H         0

This gives us 18 points inc the three we''ve got.   A point or two more - maybe at Villa or Reading would put us at around twenty for the half season. The wins have to start coming from somewhere.   Stoke would appear to be a key game - but if we beat Villa or even Arsenal, it would set us up for those  remaining games - at least up to the half way mark of the season.

Pointless thread maybe, but it made me feel a bit more optimistic, looking at it - just need that first win.............. 

Well..... I think that looks pretty reasonable.  Would reckon a point away at Villa,  don''t see anything at WBA for us so that evens out overall.

Why does everybody think we will beat Stoke, an established prem side who are very physical and difficult for any side to break down - and as for Villa, after the reaction of PL to the remarks of Bowkett this. week I would suggest nothing there either because he will make damn sure his players are up for it without a doubt, and with Hughton adding his twopenneth about how good they are and the quality they have I would suggest another 4 creeps past Ruddy!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Taking into account all the fixtures and assuming we would need to be over 20 points over the first half of the season - how about this scenario. Arsenal H                0A Villa   A               0Stoke H                  3Reading A               1MU     H                 0Everton   A              0Southampton A        3Sunderland   H         3Swansea       A         1Wigan           H         3W. Brom      A          1Chelsea         H         0  [/quote]

Sorry LDC - agree Reading and Wigan but I think we''ll get a point against Stoke, lose to Soton, a point against Sunderland, lose to Swansea and West Brom. That makes 9 points at the end of these sequence of games.

Arsenal H                0
A Villa   A               0
Stoke H                  0
Reading A               3
MU     H                 0
Everton   A              1
Southampton A        0 - very attacking side, will probably bend our defence over
Sunderland   H         0
Swansea       A         1
Wigan           H         1
W. Brom      A          0
Chelsea         H         0
I want to be proved wrong, I really, really do.