Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Whose for the Drop?

@flying high up in the sky] Yes I think by now everyone is aware we finished 12th last season lol.But

this is a new season and although I agree we have improved our squad

greatly, doesn''t mean we''ll do as well as before. Atm in my opinion all

the teams look stronger than last season (Villa, Liverpool not yet but I

can see them improving).I didn''t predict we''ll go down, I just

know it will be a lot tougher this time round. But hopefully I''m wrong

and we will finish in the top half.(Hate it when this site just randomly can''t do quotes)

Last season Villa and QPR finished within 2 points of relegation and 5 points adrift of the teams above them. If the standard has improved they will have to have improved more than the rest to make up those 5 points. I''m not sure that they have because I don''t think I''d swap our summer additions for theirs. So add to them the promoted teams and I''d expect the relegated sides to be three from Southampton, Reading, West Ham, QPR & Aston Villa.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Last season Villa and QPR finished within 2 points of relegation and 5 points adrift of the teams above them. If the standard has improved they will have to have improved more than the rest to make up those 5 points. I''m not sure that they have because I don''t think I''d swap our summer additions for theirs. So add to them the promoted teams and I''d expect the relegated sides to be three from Southampton, Reading, West Ham, QPR & Aston Villa.

[/quote]

EXCELLENT POINT NN. we''ll be safe this season for sure. Mcnallys shrewd he knows about the extra tv money etc if we were showing signs of struggling in January (which we wont i might add) then im sure a shed load of funds would be freed up in that case

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]

EXCELLENT POINT NN. we''ll be safe this season for sure. Mcnallys shrewd he knows about the extra tv money etc if we were showing signs of struggling in January (which we wont i might add) then im sure a shed load of funds would be freed up in that case

[/quote]

I doubt that very much. There might conceivably be some dipping into the pockets of directors for an extra million or so if there was a specific target who was just out of our transfer price range, but not vast amounts of extra NCFC cash, and particularly not for wages.